Killings by Concealed Handgun Licensees Hit 139 Since May 2007

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by TBO, Feb 25, 2010.

1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    It's as accurate as a lot of things I said by members on the board. :uglylol:

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I think you're confusing what actually happened at Luby's. He eventually shot himself. The reason that incident became such a jump start for CCW, and changes in CCW law in Texas... is because Susan Gratia-Hupp was in the eatery and had left her gun in her car, per Tx law at the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanna_Hupp#Death_of_parents

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4069761537893819675#

3. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
  4. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

geronimo509
    Well theres about 40,000 murders a year- need the real number go to the FBI stats! I'm lazy! So we have about .5-1% of the murders being done by CCW holders! Wish it were less but crap happens!:faint:
    Now compare this with 50-60,000 vehicle deaths- 90-100,000 medical malpratice deaths! I think we're a pretty safe bunch of folks to be around!:supergrin:

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I read a great book about the Luby's massacre. It basically started at the point where Hennard started going crazy, reporting to the FBI that women were in a conspiracy not to date him, etc.. Nowdays, I suspect his conduct would throw up red flags all over the place. Back then, they took his complaints and I'm sure the agents got a good laugh among themselves while reading them.

IGF

6. thegreendevil76

thegreendevil76

That's what I was wondering while reading this article. It does not specify the number of people feloniously murdered by CCW holders, just 130 civilians "killed." This is the same kind of vague nonsense I saw at a "stop police brutality" rally on a college campus a few years ago. The protesters (I think there were two of them) had a banner, a table, and a book of VERY suspect statistics and short (like 2-3 sentences) synopses of the incidents which "proved" that all cops are violent murderers just waiting in the shadows to spring out and eat your children then wipe their collective asses with the remnants of the Constitution. Very compelling stuff...if you are an idiot. I like to see the methods behind collecting any statistics beore I put any stock in them.

7. THplanes

THplanes

It you go the website in the link, you can click on each category and see the news reports they base it on. As you might expect from the VPC it's mostly BS (meaning the CHL was irrelevant). Some guy gos crazy and shoots his wife at home and somehow the fact that he has a CHL is relevant. The same can be said for the at home murder suicides. A guy takes a rifle and shoots up the town and has a CHL , it's on the list. I didn't look at all, but for most of the one's I did, the CHL was irrelevant.

Many of the cases where a CHL was relevant haven't gone to trial. So there is no way to determine the actual facts of the case and there's not enough info to make an informed decision as to good or bad shoot. They do give the status on the cases as pending or the verdict if the trial is over. As you might also suspect, many of these were in a bar parking lot.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  8. ABACABB

ABACABB

They try to make 139 look like such a huge number over a 3 year period. If you go to the FBI crimes pages you can look at data from the 20 years and see that the number would be small compared to any of the years when you look at "Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter" They don't have the numbers for 09 yet but if you assume its 15000(a good drop from previous year) It comes out to 00.288%. Hell even if they are right and its "Far Higher" lets say the number is 4X higher its still barely over 1%. Those sound like some numbers the NRA should be boasting about not those ********.