close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kids playing hockey in street this evening!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by THE VOID, Oct 24, 2002.

1. THE VOID

THE VOID

Sorry this is not about GSSF. I came home this evening to find the neighborhood kids playing hockey in the street. And the two little boys on their bikes, the little one (on training wheels) chasing his brother. Lord it is nice to see the two shooters off the street.

Prayers to the family, freinds and community. Thanks to all the LEO that work day and night to prevent and stop these things.

I hope everyone gets a great night of sleep tonight. Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but wanted a break form that crazy general one. Wanted to wish all of you the best.

I feel I can take my little one out on Halloween now.

Dayton

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dayton,

You have picked the right forum for your message. Thanks for sharing it with us.

3. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Void,

I am sure you are right about the relief in the area. I can tell you from a LE view (we had a serial killer in our area about 18 years ago killing young women) that the LE community will be well relieved. I am sure they were experiencing great frustration dealing with this case and we only know what was going on in the media.

Only thing I hope that there are 2 people or should I say animals that don't sleep for many nights to come. Right up to what ever type of lethal force the states of Maryland, Virginia or Alabama use. ;f

4. mcginnes

mcginnes Safety Officer Millennium Member

I know how you feel VOID, I am breathing a lot easier now myself. It's nice to be able to fill the old gas tank without examining the tree-line*. Take a deep breath, and savor the moment.

Believe it or not, this is my second serial killer; I am from Gainesville and lived through the whole Danny Rolling thing**. This is a very different situation, but I'm sure there are courtroom hijinx to come. Not to mention the books and the ten-plus years of waiting for the death sentence to be carried out.

*Which turns out to have been a complete waste of time, since they were shooting from a car. I know that gives me pause.

**I remember a lot of young women who looked at me (and every other male), and I could tell they were wondering if I was 'the guy.' I wondered what it must be like to have to walk around thinking 'Is that the guy? Am I next?' Now I know.

5. GLOCKhp

GLOCKhp Proud American

Void,
    I can't imagine what it would be like. I just pray these are really the [only] ones. My heart and prayers go out to the victims and families, not to mention those who were victims of fear by virtue of where they live.

And a big thanks to all of the LE community that put in the hours to make it happen.