close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kicked out of their own house

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by m87, Jan 13, 2010.

1. m87

m87

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-dream-home-gang-gipsies-moved-Christmas.html

With the building works nearly over, Julian and Samantha Mosedale and their three children were looking forward to moving back into the home of their dreams.
    But their hopes have turned into a nightmare because a group of Romanians occupied the property over Christmas.
    To add insult to injury, police told them that they were being 'racist' for questioning the squatters' right to live in Britain on benefits

The unwanted guests have changed the locks at the three-bedroom terrace house and moved in their own furniture.
    Mr Mosedale, an illustrator, and his wife, a catalogue manager, both 45, had moved out of the house in Tottenham, North London, in July 2007 for extensive structural and renovation work.
    They rented another property and regularly visited the £285,000 house to oversee progress.
    But, after spending Christmas visiting relatives in Essex, they returned to the house on January 3 to find the squatters installed.
    They now fear they could soon be homeless because they can only afford to foot the cost of rent and mortgage payments until March.
    Mrs Mosedale, whose three sons are ten, eight, and five, said: 'We called the police as soon as we found out they were in there. An officer suggested I was racist when I asked if they were Romanians, and did they have a legal right to be in this country.

'We are hard-working citizens yet get treated like criminals when our home is stolen. This whole thing is making me feel constantly sick. All we want to do is get on with our lives.
    'We feel let down by the law, by government, and by the police, in fact all the authorities that one would expect to protect society.

'The house had builders in it while the renovations were being done. It was only in the last couple of months that it was left completely empty.
    'Our lawyers don't know how long it will take us to get them out and the stress is really getting to the whole family.

'The kids are upset at the idea that other children are playing with their toys in the garden.

'Our son Jake is old enough to understand what is going on and he is finding it difficult to sleep.
    'All the children are incredibly unsettled.'

Yesterday, the couple obtained a county court order giving the squatters 24 hours - until 2.15pm today - to leave.
    But Mr Mosedale fears they will not give in easily.
    He said: 'When the papers were served on them they tore them up and threw them back at the guy who'd taken them round.'

He and his wife are also worried that a drawn-out battle would exhaust their savings. They had planned to move back into the house in March.
    Mrs Mosedale said: 'We were in the process of creating our dream home and it has been ruined.
    'At the moment there are at least four women, four children and one man living in our home, but neighbours said they have seen many more people going in and out.
    'In the meantime we face the prospect of becoming homeless ourselves, since we had only budgeted to pay both rent and our mortgage until mid March.'
    Two sisters, Mihaela and Luminitsa Vaduva, are staying in the house with their seven children.
    Speaking broken English, Luminitsa said: 'I don't understand the problem. We have paid for this home. If they move us out, then my children will not have a home.
    'We are from Romania, we have no money for another home.'
    She showed a tenancy agreement but could not provide a contact number for the landlord or say when they had moved in.
    ------------------

:shocked:

2. R*E

R*E

3. Ronaldo

Ronaldo Ancient Member Millennium Member

Can't be real... England is effed up bad but this is ridiculous!

If by chance it IS true, then it's well past time to dig up the guns and clean the house...

Ronaldo - I refuse to answer further on the grounds that it may tend to incriminate me

4. epoxy252

epoxy252

It's real, I've read about other cases in England where squatters moved in and wouldn't leave without a huge fight. Their messed up laws over there protect the criminals more than the victims more often than not. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/2430183.stm

"By moving in, the squatters became the recognised occupiers of the property.
    It would be illegal for the owners to take back posession of the house without a court order."

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  5. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Ten years ago a huge Russian family, maybe 12 people total, squatted a new and unoccupied home in my neighborhood. The were out on their butts within hours.

Good luck to the British family involved. I'm betting the dad could use an Old Speckled Hen about now.

6. Scared_of_zombies

Scared_of_zombies

Some bug bombs would come in real handy round about now.

7. 23skidoo

23skidoo Deceased

8. smokin762

smokin762

I bet they wished they could have a Bren Gun.:whistling:

9. Fumble

Fumble RIP Poom . . .

If that were me I'd just move back in. I'd make life miserable for the squatters. I'd get help from my family and friends. We'd keep everything peaceful and when the police came, they would say it's a civil matter and do little. Put a family member or friend in every room 24/7 and eventually the squatters will leave. Sure the squatters will resort to violence but as they are hauled off by the police for domestic violence their numbers will dwindle and resistance by them will be futile.

10. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

**sigh**

Sir........................I believe Britain is looking for a few more subjects. You may want to look into that.

11. doubletap1

doubletap1

Two words: Jewish Lightning. :thumbsup:

12. UneasyRider

UneasyRider C.D.B.

I feel for the people who own the house but the entire country deserves what they get. They have made many bad decisions and now they are paying for them. Unfortunately we are following their path down the road to ruin and if somebody doesn't turn us around soon that could be us.

13. Isaiah1412

Isaiah1412

When its obvious the law will protect only those who have the will to break it, there is no point in following it any longer.

Take off, nuke the site from orbit. Its the only way to be sure. :whistling:

14. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Are they Romanians, or just gypsy thieves? I doubt Romanian citizens like gypsies better than anyone else.

15. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

I know what I would do. And no, it does not involve guns.

16. fyrecrotch

fyrecrotch

They're not Romanians... they're probably Nazis

Solution: Bear Jew

[​IMG]

Play the race card now Politicaly Correct & Neutered EU!

17. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Same thing happened a couple of years ago. A family returned from vacation to find someone living in the house. The owner was arrested for trespassing when he entered his own home to throw the squattest out. IIRC it took weeks to get them out and they looted everything form the home when they left.

England is lost.

18. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

I don't think I'd go to the authorities. My name on the lease/mortgage, no problem.

19. bearshoegun

bearshoegun

If it happened to me in the U.S. I would not tell anyone first, shoot everyone in there, wait till night then call the po-po and say I had a break in.

If i was in the UK I would just poison all of them.

20. Kedyn

Kedyn

+1. Gypsies are a whole different story from Romanians.