Ken Starr, Dershowitz join Trump’s impeachment defense team

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Jan 17, 2020.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"Ken Starr, Dershowitz join Trump’s impeachment defense team

Ken Starr, the former independent counsel who led the Whitewater investigation into then-President Bill Clinton, and attorney Alan Dershowitz will join President Trump’s impeachment defense team, Fox News has learned.

The prominent lawyers were among several attorneys added to the team as the president's impeachment trial gets underway.

The team will also include Pam Bondi, the former Florida attorney general.

Fox News reported earlier this week that White House Counsel Pat Cipollone will take the lead on the president’s defense team in the Senate trial, along with Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow. Cipollone deputies Michael Purpura and Patrick Philbin will also work on the team.

Dershowitz confirmed his role in a series of tweets on Friday, saying, he would "present oral arguments at the Senate trial to address the constitutional arguments against impeachment and removal."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ken-starr-dershowitz-join-trumps-impeachment-defense-team "

Jringo8769 and mj9mm like this.
  2. G19Cfan

G19Cfan

Not sure if all that is really necessary.

The Senate is either going to treat it as the joke it really is or throw Trump under the bus. His defense team will not matter.

3. Dreamaster

Dreamaster

Dershowitz has been fun to watch on Fox News over the years. He is a Democrat that voted for Hillary, but has the wherewithal to see how Trump Derangement Syndrome has fully engulfed the Democrats since Trump won.

Jringo8769, JFrame and FullClip like this.
  4. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

The senators want their TV face time, so this will take a couple of weeks.

5. Fred Florist

Fred Florist

Dream team works, when folks lay their egos aside.

Hope that happens here.

6. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Ken Starr, Dershowitz join Trump’s impeachment defense team"

This is an utterly stupid and extremely foolish hiring decision by President Trump.

As president of Baylor University, Kenneth Starr covered up numerous rapes and sexual assaults committed by members of the football team, because scoring those touchdowns is a lot more important than protecting female students. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, the extremely sleazy Alan Dershowitz was the attorney and close friend of billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Dershowitz himself is also facing credible allegations of rape and sexual assault from the same woman who exposed Epstein and Prince Andrew.

These shady individuals with tons of ethical baggage are not the people Trump should have representing him.

There are around 1 million attorneys in the USA.

Trump really couldn't find anyone apart from Starr and Dershowitz???

If Trump was the one who approved the hiring of these two sleazebags, then either: 1) he is breathtakingly incompetent, or 2) nobody respectable is willing to join his legal team, so he is stuck with detritus such as Dershowitz and Starr. The liberal media is probably gleeful at the prospect of bringing up the Baylor rape cover-up.

Trump seems bizarrely incapable of hiring good people. I can't think of a single Trump appointee who isn't a neocon/globalist/Beltway insider/Swamp creature.

Meanwhile he has stuffed his administration full of neocon Deep Staters who hate him, such as Preibus, Tillerson, Mattis, Bolton, Haley, McMaster, Haspel, Coats, Wray, Abrams, Pompeo, Nielsen, McAleenan, Barr, Rosenstein, etc etc etc.

No wonder the swamp hasn't been drained. :rolleyes:

sonoma, Joshhtn, cbetts1 and 2 others like this.
  7. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

The whole charade will be free TV time for every senator running for re-election and those Dems running for President. It will be even a bigger farce than it already is now.
    Doubt it gets 25% of the viewers that watched the OJ Simpson debacle.

Intolerant and B C like this.
  8. F14A

F14A

Ken Starr? Omg that freaking loser. I got more respect for Allen D, and that's about zero...

Plenty of freaking theater.

Unbelievable what our ELECTED OFFICIAL'S due with their time..

9. fastbolt

fastbolt

It's not necessary to like your legal team, as long as they can get the job done.

Intolerant and Fred Florist like this.
  10. newglocker10mm

newglocker10mm Texas Born & Bred

I don't know. Having the biggest and nastiest guns in the business sounds like a pretty smart move to me. If I'm being accused of something, that's what I would want on my team. I wouldn't care because I hired them to win, not play fair. And since POTUS hasn't done much of anything that's meets your approval, well he's done pretty well so far.

11. fastbolt

fastbolt

If you're forced to wade into and face a nest of vipers, you don't want to bring garter snakes with you.

Mtnfolk75 and Intolerant like this.
  12. Tickhill

Tickhill Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking

Starr will have a Valium effect to the Republicans on edge, the DRINO’s will do what they do, crawfish cause the last thing they want are investigations in to corruption

13. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

How many lawyers does it take to ............? :D

14. cbetts1

cbetts1

Spot on. Starr and Dershowitz got Jeffrey Epstein his sweet deal in Florida for his first arrest. They were Clinton's buddy's lawyer. Two NEOCON snakes.

F14A and serve_and_protect like this.
  15. newglocker10mm

newglocker10mm Texas Born & Bred

I believe it was Samuel L Jackson that said (paraphrased) you don't send a mouse into a snake pit. You send your own snakes.

Intolerant likes this.
  16. Biggy1

Biggy1

If the economy stays like it is today, we *WILL* have four more years of Trump. It's simple as that.

Lt. Donn and Intolerant like this.
  17. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

I'd certainly want to hire them if I needed lawyers.

18. Doc McGlock

Doc McGlock

I'm assuming that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John .............................. were unavailable?:rolleyes:

19. Taz

Taz

I hadnt heard of Ken Starr and his obstruction of justice issues. You’d figure a guy who’s guilty of hiding sexual assault cases would have been disbarred by now.

Dershowitz must scare the **** out of the liberal dolts though. It’s amazing how all of a sudden the media seem to care about folks that rode the Epstein ferry. Hmmm. Where was all that concern when certain high value liberal asshats were doing it dozens of times. Hmmmmmm.

I hope that the defense team can put egos aside and get down to business destroying the opposition by any legal means at their disposal.

20. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

There are over 330 million people in this country. Plenty of those have the requisite knowledge, skills, and experience to serve as senior government officials.

Instead of picking MAGA-supporting outsiders for his administration, some for reason, Trump chose to fill his administration with neocon swamp creatures who hate him and constantly work to undermine him.

With regard the topic of this thread (Trump's legal team), there are around a million attorneys in this country, many of whom have sterling reputations for honesty and ethics. Like this guy, an expert in constitutional law: https://www.law.gwu.edu/jonathan-turley

Or this guy, an expert in national security law: https://www.law.edu/about-us/faculty-and-staff/directory/expert-faculty/noone-michael/index.html

Off the top of my head, I could probably name about 10 highly qualified attorneys with great reputations, who Trump could have hired for how legal team.

Instead of choosing any of the countless qualified lawyers for his legal team, Trump decided to go with an alleged rapist and a disgraced guy who covered up rapes and sexual assaults because football was more important to him than student safety.

He's certainly not hiring the "best people."

And he has only himself to blame.

There are only 2 logical possibilities:

1. Trump is breathtakingly incompetent at hiring the right people.

Or

2. Nobody respectable is willing to represent him.