GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
18,701 Posts
I bought mine and put 120 rounds through it. Half were my FMJ ball reloads, the rest were off the shelf hollow points and Winchester Silver Tips. No jams. Then I put it in the safe for a rainy day. I pulled it out the other day and noticed how gummed up it had gotten from the little shooting that I had done with it. I think with a little cleaning, it would be ready to go again. Now, if only I can find that second box of Silver Tips I bought.
And, oh yeah, I don't feel like it is a gun that would hold up well to a lot of practice rounds. But, that's just a guess.
Ergonomic wise I give it a "just okay", but better than I expected considering it looks like a toy. Then again, I remember it put up 'respectable' groups, considering.

·
rip "Bud"
8,883 Posts
Any KelTec P32 owners here? How's the reliability?
This seems to be a good compromise between weight and caliber (no caliber wars, please)
You can't beat the weight at 9.6 oz loaded, with 7+1 rounds available.
I bought two, years ago. 1 for me. 1 for me wifey. I shot the crap out of mine and pocket carried it for five years. Wifey said it bucked to much for her and it's still LNIB. I moved to a 3AT and she to a CMR30/PMR30. WE are both happy.

My P32 swaps duty with my 3AT, G42. I watch the ballistic charts for the 32.s and 380.s but only shoot ball ammo in all or them for, court purposes. I have plus three mags on all my guns,never a misfire on any with Ball ammo...

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
I agree. I've never owned or shot one but something that light would just disappear in a pocket. I've seen a few folks talk about them in some of the mouse gun threads and it seems they generally get a good review.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had one for about a year. I wish I had never traded it. It shot well for such a tiny gun. I probably only put 100 runs through it in a year but no malfunctions.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I carried one for years, I never had any issues out of it, the only reason I got rid of it was when ruger came out with the LCP, I’ve had one of those in my pocket ever since. My buddy that bought it from me still carries it all the time.

·
Southern Backwater Mafia & President-Elect
6,251 Posts
I have had mine about eight years I think, it looks like crap from constant carry, had the slide ceracoated about 3 years ago as I had worn the blue off of it. I shoot it about twice a year it happily eats anything in 32acp and goes bang every time

·
Free Full Clip!
17,094 Posts
This seems to be a good compromise between weight and caliber (no caliber wars, please)
I bought mine many years ago and it was the first Generation gun that had the spring loaded claw extractor.

After I put 200 rounds through it of every kind of ammo I could find, which I also tested for expansion and penetration in wet phone books, it's been 100% reliable ever since and I practice with it regularly

Of all the ammo I tested, the older Winchester 60 grain aluminum jacketed Silvertips seemed to work the best and both expand a little bit an penetrate a little bit. but I came to the conclusion that to reduce bullet mass and sectional density to gain a little velocity was a poor trade-off and that penetration was more important than dubious expansion so then I carried only FMJ ammo.

I did find a buffalo Bore Plus+P 80 grain hardcast flatnose load that worked well in the gun but now the gun has so many rounds through it I'm afraid that load might cause undue stress even though it's locked breech gun.

There are very few guns in existence that are easier to pocket carry no matter how big your hands are or how small your pockets are. I've even carried it in a top shirt pocket that had a button flap. And It's many times better than carrying a a 22 especially one of those five shot single action NAA revolvers. 8 shots of 32 beats 4 shots of 22 any day of they week and you don't have to cock the hammer for every shot.

71 grain FMJ's are also known to tumble upon impact and can do a lot of damage once they enter the human body. It's different from ballistics gel where bullets always travel in a straight path.

I think the newer stamped steel extractors are probably adequate for the 32 but they definitely are not for the kel-tec PF9's.

·
Registered
14,119 Posts
I hardly have a high round count through mine, but I’ve never had a Malfunction with it.

I have only run FMJ in mine. I carry FMJ and that is all I have ever shot.

Edited to correct. I did have one malfunction that I can remember. A setback round caused a rim lock. That was a hard malfunction to clear. Greatly influenced my decision to never run JHP

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
I no longer have mine and probably only had around 200 rounds through it when I sold it, but it was 200 trouble-free rounds. I just lost confidence in the .32acp and it isn't much of a range gun.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Yeah the Walther isn’t exactly known as the epitome of reliability though.

I also think 45ACP 1911’s are more reliable on average than are 38 Super guns.
if you get to heaven, you can ask John Browning why he designed the 32acp that way.
The Walther (Manurhin) PP I used to own was faultless, as was the French Unique my Dad brought home from WWII.
I’ve had a P3AT for a while, but I picked up a P32 just before the plandemic started. I’ve put 100rds through it so far, including 50 seemingly hot, euro spec S&B fmj. It has worked perfectly. I also ran a mag or two of Hornady XTP without problem.
I much prefer it to the 380, and like the extra round and last round hold open. Great pistol. .32 is on top below.
7B8E6AFB-12DC-422D-A50D-C59A7ED2F5C5.jpeg

·
Cuhootnified Roamer
9,879 Posts
Mine has been perfectly reliable through about 500 rounds.
Reliable enough that my wife carries it all the time.

·
Registered
32,817 Posts
if you get to heaven, you can ask John Browning why he designed the 32acp that way.
Ha, ha, ha.

Wonder why he did.

I'm sure there is a story there. Are .380 and .45 identical in design to each other? Did the .32 come first?

Wonder some extraction issue he was designing for, then figured a better way. But if the .32 came last of those 3 then a whole new mystery.

That Luger guy seemed to get the 9mm right :)

(Not really a caliber comment, just only referring to the shell and function in the gun).

·
Previously nutsnax
684 Posts
I used to have one. I didn't realize it was in my pocket when i carried it.

Youll get more recoil out of a pissed off hamster than the p32.

Its a keltec so the metal is keltec-grade (people that have owned keltec handguns probably know what im talking about). It isnt pretty but it should hold.

Mine started rusting the moment i took it out of the box. I polished/refinished the slide and it rusts way less.

Oh and i owned a DB380 before the p32.... I think id rather have the db380 except for the fact that guns arent effective when there is no ammo around for them.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts