Kelly- must think HE was President, until he was fired

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by czsmithGT, Feb 13, 2020.

1. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

He should run as Vice President under Hillary.

MORRISTOWN, N.J.—Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman, the former National Security Council aide and impeachment witness President Donald Trump fired Friday, was just doing his job, former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly told students and guests at a Drew University event here Wednesday night.

Over a 75-minute speech and Q&A session, Kelly laid out, in the clearest terms yet, his misgivings about Trump’s words and actions regarding North Korea, illegal immigration, military discipline, Ukraine, and the news media.

Kelly, a retired Marine Corps general, said that Vindman is blameless and was simply following the training he’d received as a soldier; migrants are “overwhelmingly good people” and “not all rapists”; and Trump’s decision to condition military aid to Ukraine on an investigation into his political rival Joe Biden upended long-standing U.S. policy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...exander-vindman-north-korea-and-trump/606496/

2. kwo

kwo

Affirmative Acton general bumped up under obama.

sixgun2, fx77, B C and 1 other person like this.

3. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

Flag rank (I use a Navy term) and upper commision grade officers are more political than they are warriors.

Nucflash, czsmithGT, fx77 and 2 others like this.
  4. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

The truth about the number of these Deep State pieces of **** astounds me. I’m not sure there is anything new about this, other than Trump does things his way, while others like Obama and W. likely capitulated to these advisers.

czsmithGT, B C, NMG26 and 3 others like this.
  5. army_eod

army_eod US Army Retired, EOD, PM, PMP

Kelly a lying POS. There were no illegal orders given to Vindman. Most people do not know what an "illegal order" is. Vindman jumped his chain. He is a POS. I hope he gets charged and thrown in Leavenworth. Besides. Vindman belongs on the fat boy program. Back in the day, I would have kicked him out for failure to maintain weight and failure to maintain a professional appearance. AR 600-9. He probably could not pass the APFT, either. LOL.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  6. newglocker10mm

newglocker10mm Texas Born & Bred

Uh, General Kelly, since when is/has a soldier been trained to jump his chain of command, relate the contents of a meeting or phone call involving the president to anyone not directly involved, and to determine if the actions of the Commander in Chief are proper or not? Typical politically biased statement by an officer that should know better. He has the right to his opinion, of course, but he just made himself look like a total fool.

Pythonman, czsmithGT and fx77 like this.
  7. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

General Kelly is correct.

He did exactly what we teach them to do from cradle to grave,” Kelly told the audience at the Mayo Performing Arts Center. “He went and told his boss what he just heard.”

When Vindman heard the president tell Zelensky he wanted to see the Biden family investigated, that was tantamount to hearing “an illegal order,” Kelly said. “We teach them, ‘Don’t follow an illegal order. And if you’re ever given one, you’ll raise it to whoever gives it to you that this is an illegal order, and then tell your boss.’”

8. army_eod

army_eod US Army Retired, EOD, PM, PMP

No he is not. See my post.

ScottMn, jr24 and czsmithGT like this.
  9. 1cm

1cm

For Vindman to be correct, everyone else who heard the call has to be wrong.

10. B C

B C

These *******s know if they go against Trump after working for him they will be labeled heroes and be offered book deals and jobs at CNN or MSNBC.

czsmithGT likes this.
  11. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

Military protocol or not, just thinking the POTUS gives a **** what this person had to say and common courtesy to not eavesdrop and give his/her opinion seems foolish in the first place.

newglocker10mm likes this.
  12. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

That is very possible!

Here is a list of those on that call and only two testified under oath (Vindman and Williams) both knew that call was wrong.

The remaining names did not comply or testify under oath, about that phone call

4DDCCD88-036C-4BAA-B2BC-37B0F6D4F880.jpeg

We know what happen to the two, that did testify under oath about that phone call.

13. Dreamaster

Dreamaster

Ok so let's get technical here...

"Raise it to whoever gives it to you"
    Vindman never testified that he brought his concerns to Trump.
    "And then tell your boss."
    He did that. He ALSO told his brother, a JAG officer, and Eric Ciaramella, the whistleblower when his boss didn't freak out the way he wanted. At a MINIMUM that's who he told.

14. JArthurD

JArthurD Silver Member

Old soldiers should just fade away. Their not good at much else and there is nothing worse than a retired General trying to leave a mark.

Lousy choice for a COS. For that job, you need someone who doesn’t live for the lights and cameras.

czsmithGT likes this.
  15. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

And when exactly did Trump do/say this ?

cityborncountrylivin likes this.
  16. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

In the military we follow the chain of command, and LtCol Vindman would never report his concerns directly to President Trump because the President is at the very top (CIC).

According to the reports, he followed his chain of command. If he did not, he would have been discipline by his superior(s).

17. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

You can google that phone call and report back, if you are disputing General Kelly’s statement.

18. p.d.

p.d.

Let me go to the way back machine..............Truman versus MacArthur. Yeah, I suppose big feeling generals is a brand new thing. (Spoiler Alert, President Truman wins).

czsmithGT likes this.
  19. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

Did you read the article? General Kelly included the word tantamount.

“...that was tantamount to hearing “an illegal order,” Kelly said

tan·ta·mount
    /ˈtan(t)əˌmount/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    1. equivalent in seriousness to; virtually the same as.

How did LtCol jump his chain of command? Source? Link?

20. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

I googled it. My bad. I didn't think he ever expressly mentioned the Bidens.

But what's wrong with that ? As President isn't he allowed to ask for something to be looked into when it doesn't pass the sniff test ?

AND, where does he get off saying it was like hearing an illegal order ? Trump asked for help looking into something that on the surface looks extremely fishy.

1cm likes this.