Kel-Tec Sub 2000 question?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by StanA, Feb 20, 2010.

1. StanA

StanA Millennium Member

I know I am wanting to get a version in 9mm Glock, but does it come in a G19 grip and one in a G17 grip? I was thinking they came in either or? But the guy I talked to said he was only aware of the G17 grip.
    I still want to grab one but if there are 2 different grips, the 19 makes more since to me?
    Any way, any one know the the differences in them, could you please explain them to me.:dunno:
    Thanks in advance!

2. RS7

RS7

There are two versions. Kel-Tec simply cuts the grip on the 17 version to make the 19 version. Pretty simple. I believe I've seen an aftermarket conversion shown on GT. That was quite a while back. No other difference as far as I know.

3. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

My understanding also.
    :supergrin:

4. gunsnhoses

gunsnhoses

I bought the G17 version and simply cut the handle down to the first bolt on the handle and it takes G19 mags no problem. I put a Hogue Handall Jr. on it and it is pretty comfortable. Also using G19 mags with +2 extensions gives you a full grip as well as 17 rounds.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  5. Fanner50

Fanner50 NRA Patron Member

I have the factory G19 version. The grip is a little short, but to me it's not really a problem. I like the fact that it can take G17, G18, and G19 magazines. I don't shoot the gun very much, but it's cool to have.

6. StanA

StanA Millennium Member

Thanks for the info everyone! GT comes trough again!

7. j-glock22

j-glock22

from what I've heard, if you want a G19-feel grip go for the G17 model. If you want more a G26-feel go for the G19 style.... Did I hear correctly?

8. failsafe

failsafe

Well that is pretty close...The 17 model feels pretty close to a Glock 19...If it were me, I would hold the full size 17 model then imagine the grip a half an inch shorter...That is approximately how much is cut off to accomidate the 19 mag's..