close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kel-Tec RFB...are they actually making this gun?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by PartyBible, Apr 4, 2010.

1. PartyBible

PartyBible

I was reading some of the user reviews on AR15 and keltec's forum. Sound like a great rifle, but it seems that they are still in short supply. Is this something that can be ordered at your local gun shop or am I at the mercy of the 2k+ price on gunbroker?

2. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Last I heard they are in production. The way Kel-Tec works however is they make guns in batches. They made an initial relatively small batch, and will probably make another if it proves to sell well(possibly making another already).

3. Kozel

Kozel

Kel-Tec for $2k+? What is this world coming to!?

I watched how this gun works in some video. I do not see how it can shoot uphill more then couple of rounds. That ejection tube would full of heavy 308 brass.
    Also, override of the bolt over the magazine seems to be awfully short. That cannot be good for reliability.

Does it have bolt lock back on empty? Seem like everybody in Youtube videos have to charge second magazine all the way back like it does not lock back.

Interesting rifle. Couple of generations from now when they work out all the problems I would be interested.

4. fnfalguy

fnfalguy Supreme Advisor

Keltec has had problems with part of the rifle design and regarding setting up their manufacturing processes, which has delayed this rifle being fully brought to market for more than 2 years now. Handfuls of RFBs have gotten into public's hands, but most accounts of shooting the rifle are very positive, with perhaps the exception of the cost of the rifle itself.

5. maverick9614

maverick9614

6. NVMYGlock

NVMYGlock

Seems like I remember a Shot Show video by Nutnfancy on youtube where the rep said they do not have any stored guns at the factory. Anything and everything that is right off the line is heading out to a dealer. Not sure if that is the case or not really.

7. cNe

cNe

8. FEDLEO

FEDLEO I'm the rootenist tootenist shootenist

Last time I looked there were 3 listed on GB. That is a improvement because when I checked about a month ago there were none. Given time I think we will start seeing more of them hopefully. I would like one

9. thorn137

thorn137 Walther

I seriously don't care for how the brass just falls out of that tube at random times.

thorn

10. blhar15

blhar15

It is taking along time for this gun to get in to full production, but once that happens the price will come down. I would expect it to sell in the $1,400 range once there is more supply. The gun feels great and so far I have had heard only positive comments about it.

11. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Someone will slam it.
    :supergrin:

12. vafish

vafish

Now there's a surprise.

13. -gunut-

-gunut-

lol so you will buy one once they work out all your mythical problems? :rofl:

14. Kozel

Kozel

“Mythical problems?”

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kel-Tec is rather well known for multitude of problems with their guns which are quite real. But then, maybe you live in some very deep cave and missed all that.

Likelihood of that rifle having serious problems in first generation is quite high given reputation of the company that makes it. Couple of generations later this gun maybe worth buying. Maybe.

15. thorn137

thorn137 Walther

$1400? Wow. That seems about $800 too high.

thorn