Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Geaux Tigers!
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a pretty good deal on a used Kel-Tec P32.
Any advice, things to look for?
I understand the limitations of the .32acp, just asking if the gun itself is a reliable, worthy weapon to add to my arsenal!!

·
Geaux Tigers!
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do the fluff-n-buff.

Enjoy.
Is that a little dance that I do after I buy it??! :supergrin:

Do you have a link to the "fluff-n-buff" which I am assuming is a trigger buffing procedure?

·
Premium Member
8,319 Posts
There's a magazine mod to help prevent rim lock on hollow points, but some people suggest sticking to FMJ anyway. You can probably find it over on ktog.org.

ETA - the modification is pretty cheap as I recall.

·
Numpty
9,706 Posts
I like mine, goes bang when I pull the trigger. Nice pocket gun, so nice that I forgot to take it out of my pocket and the gun, holster and an extra mag all went thru the wash. Dryed it off, cleaned it and it still goes bang.:wow:

Never did the fluff n buff and I only shoot FMJ's in it...

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Just polish up the ramp a little, that's mostly the fluff and buff.
But I have never had a problem with my KT. Had a bunch of em.
Just get the latest model, all the bugs are worked out.
And I doubt any villain is going to stick around after you pull it out.
I have carried .22's and never felt any fear.
Never got into the mindset that a 9mm is a minimum, for pure self defense,
and not going on Swat raids, a 32 will do the job.
My dad carried a 32 as long as he lived, as did a million other men 50 years ago.
The human body hasn't changed in 50 years, a 60 grain silvertip still isn't healthy
on human organs. :)
To me a gun is a gun is a gun, as long as it's reliable, and these little
guys fit in a pocket like no other gun.
Can't beat 8 ounces!!! Nobody can match that.
Go for it!

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
People tend to sell P3AT's and PF9's either because of the recoil or because they were having problems with it. Most people sell the P32 to trade up to a larger caliber, so you're likely to be okay.

Be weary of buying a gun that's been fluffed and buffed...it's too easy to mess something up. Avoid the WWB ammo as it's flat nose makes it shorter than other .32 FMJ ammo. It's the only one that's caused a rimlock in my P32. I don't bother with HP's due to less penetration.

·
Malcontent
11,682 Posts
Ours didn't work right out of the box. It went back 3 times, all handled between the gun shop and KT. Once they finally git it right, it hasn't missed a beat. This was 7 years ago. So, four months of screwing around, no additional cost to us, and we got a great gun. We half expacted to have problems with it, so we weren't put off by the experience. It was just the price we had to pay for what was, at that time, really the only small, light weight gun in a decent caliber. My wife just couldn't conceal a J frame in August and the other "pocket" guns like the NAA and Tomcat were twice the weight.

If they had the LCP at the time, I would have gone with the Ruger, but it just didn't exist then.

·
****** Viejo
29,419 Posts
I've owned five of them.The first four didn't work or broke.The fifth one is the charm.It works well since I did the Flyer's Wire mag. mod to prevent rim-lock while using HP and WWB ammo.I carry it in situations that if detected a firearm could cause me grief.Light weight keeps the pocket from sagging.Flat and small size eliminates printing.I don't believe in the fluff and buff because I am not a gunsmith and would ruin the gun.YMMV.tom.

·
rip "Bud"
10,086 Posts
Wife and I've had ours since they came out. Did the F&B. They work well and have always been great fun plinkers. And in our pockets every day.

Gonna agree 100% with Gatorhugger for the philosophy of 32 carry.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts