close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Keith's Gunshop Portland area

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by moeman, Feb 23, 2010.

1. moeman

moeman

Keith's Gunshop is pretty nice. Good behind the counter help and many guns and mags in stock...

Prices seem fair no big deals or outrageous markup. Bought a bunch of mags hard to find near me.

:cool:

2. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

Are you serious? Keith's has some of the worst customer service I have ever seen. The only reason they are not by far the worst gunshop in the Portland area is because Warren over at the Gun Room has raised poor service and crazed behavior to an art form.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010

3. duo02

duo02

I totally agree with PlayboyPenguin. No matter what the time of the day no matter how many people in the shop you can never get service. If you ever ask for help they just ignore you. Don't just take our word for it just look at the reviews under their local listing http://local.yahoo.com/info-21917136-keith-s-sporting-goods-gresham. I will pay a few extra bucks for ammo than getting disrespected.

4. moeman

moeman

Once again, thye treated me fine... I was a buyer--they might not like frequest flyer window shoppers but everyone was buying someting today...

5. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

great place, great people and always busy, been going to Keith & his crew for years

hell, they 'prolly do more bidniess than all the other Portland/ NW Oregon gun-shops combined

6. space_weazel

space_weazel

Out side of the shop, nice people.
    As a customer however, not just a tire kicker, I have had cash in hand, I now take my business elsewhere.......

The only reason he is in business is because in almost every category his prices are lower, but that's because of his buying power in volume.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  7. Ironbar

Ironbar

Then you are the exception, not the rule. Keith's has the worst bunch of uppity a-holes behind the counter of any gun shop I've seen.

8. NWoutdoor

NWoutdoor

WOW...a post in general about a gun shop in PDX? Go figure?
    I've been shoping Keiths for about 6/7 years. I've experienced the "why the held am I here" attitude...but I gotta tell ya, I think they are reading the forums about themselves... I've been in there four times since Jan01 and I have not had an issue...

I support any shop that 1) has a good price 2) does not treat me like crap...I give them all a shot at my business...Including Gun Broker, Gun Zone of America, and the best of all GUN ROOM (great Glock source!!!)

Hard to say? Just my $0.02

9. Hawkwood

Hawkwood

Never had a problem at Keith's. It's always crowded and hard to get good service...but I just suck it up and realize that it's better than if the place was empty and he couldn't stay in business. Prices are reasonable and the selection is hard to beat.

It's been years since I was in the Gun Room. As I recall, the guy there was pretty much an asswipe and I won't do business there.

10. -gunut-

-gunut-

Every time I went there it was like pulling teeth to get some assistance. They do have a lot of stuff in stock and good prices, but I can go to one of the 7 FFLs I am friends with and buy stuff below their pricing.

It is much better than the gun room. If my money was going to a local retail gun shop, it would probably be the gun broker. I have always had a good experiance there.

11. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

I agree. The Gun Broker is by far the best place in the PDX area to shop. Great service, great selection, and great prices. They do generally run 1-2% more on firearms but I think way too much of myself to suffer poor treatment at Keith's just to save an average of $5-$20 on a gun.