close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Keep Trijicons on 19 or put'em on a 26?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by smokintonye, Apr 7, 2010.

1. smokintonye

smokintonye Instructor

I have a G-19 with the trijicons, but I'm also buying some XS Big dots.THe thing is, I plan on getting a G-26, which may become my primary carry gun. I'm sure I'll carry the 19 once in awhile also, but the 26 will probably see the most time. SO, should I put the Big dots on the 26 for carry and keep the Trijicons on the 19 or should I do the opposite and put the Big dots on the 19 and the Trijicons on the 26? Will one function better on one or the other?
    Thanks .Tony.

2. tinman517

tinman517

Only you can be the true judge of that.

Were you planning on switching out the sights on the G19 originally? If so, why?

3. Armed-N-Ready

Armed-N-Ready Glock Clone

Big Dots on your G26? Absolutely. Our subcompacts definitely need night sights. I'm currently debating what to install onto my G26. With so many good products out there like Big Dot, Heinie, Meprolight, Trijicon, Tru Glo etc., making a choice is pretty tough!

4. smokintonye

smokintonye Instructor

No, But I'm getting some used Big Dots, and I also plan on getting a 26 shortly, so I'm wondering which sights will work best on which gun..Keeping in mind the 26 will most likely become my main carry gun.

5. durabo

durabo

what I would do is get xs sights for both guns if you like them...

that way all of your guns have the same sight picture and youll be more used to it... instead of switching back and forth and all...

but if that doesnt bother you then id put the xs on the 26 and the triji's on the 19

i have triji's on my 19 and i like them fine... but im curious about the xs sights...

post a review / comparision on the xs sights after you put them on and use them!!

6. Armed-N-Ready

As I stated, choosing is difficult because they're all good companies, I'm leaning toward the Heinies sights for my G26. A co-worker just installed a Heinie rear night sight with a Dawson Precision (red) Fiber Optic front sight onto his G17 and this combination looks and functions excellently!

7. smokintonye

smokintonye Instructor

I'll see what I can do, Gotta get the 26 first;-)

8. Armed-N-Ready

Yes, first things first...

9. Telecaster

Telecaster

Put the Big Dots on your fighting weapon(ccw).

I'll have a 4-day weekend and planned on doing a video on my G26 with BigDots at 50 & 100yds. They can be VERY precise at longer ranges. Just dot the I with the front/rear tritiums like this "i", then cover your target with the large front "O". It's roughly 9" at 50yds, and 18" at 100yds. Close to human torso width.

It's became nearly impossible to miss my 12" plate at 50yds, and I can usually stay above 50% at 100yds. And there's little that can compare to the sight picture at close range.

10. smokintonye

smokintonye Instructor

Yeah, Big Dots on the 26, seems like the way to go. I think having the same sights on both guns, is a good idea, maybe down the road, if I like the Big Dots alot better, I'll put a set on the 19 ;-)