close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Keep getting log off

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by ks40sw, Feb 9, 2005.

1. ks40sw

ks40sw

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask. Does anyone have this problem, when I'm logged in and checking out the post I would get
    logged out by it self. What I mean is when I click on someone's
    thread and after reading it, I would click the back button to exit the thread and do some more looking at other thread/post I would
    notice that I'm logged out. The way I know that I'm logged out is
    by looking at the time on the right side under users name. It would
    be different that my central-time zone time.

Anyone have this problem?

Thanks
    ks40sw

2. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

what 'normally' happens with the vbulletin software is there is a certain time frame you have in which you can be in-active on the forum (IE: reading a long page of a thread). If you go over that time limit, the forum sees you as 'inactive', or logged off. when you click on a link, or go to a new page, a cookie stored on your computer sends glocktalk.com the info stored in it (rather, GT receives the info in that cookie), and you are logged back in *IF* you checked the option for the forum to 'Remember you', and *IF* you have cookies turned on in the first place.

More often than not, if is the first thing I listed. Do this... click this link: http://glocktalk.com/member.php?s=&action=editoptions and look down at the section option "Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)" and make sure it is on "Yes". If not, change it to "Yes" and you should be set. If its on "Yes" already, then take a look at your cookies settings on your browser to make sure you're not blocking cookies from GT.

3. ks40sw

ks40sw

Thanks for your reply, yep it was my cookies setting. I have it on NO instead of YES.

Thanks again,
    ks40sw