GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
It's a love/hate thing. Some people love them while others dislike them.

My sample is small. I only have one KCI magazine that Polymer 80 brands and ships with their Buy Build Shoot kits. It has worked fine for me.

Others have had different experiences with KCI.

·
This used to be AMERICA........
1,585 Posts
I have several for my G19. They are a bit sticky until I cleaned and lightly lubed the springs. I would buy more.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have a few, run great at the range. Run factory for SD.

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
I bought probably 20 g17 ones and a dozen g19 ones. They where good enough for me they just sit in the bin with the glock ones and I grab whatever. When I shoot matches I don’t like having to reload mags between stages and had my kids going for a while so needed lots of mags. I heard the 9mm ones where good but the 40s where iffy so I just stuck to the 9mm ones.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have some G-23 mags. Gonna see if the springs will snap into the KCI followers?
Running a G-22 CB in my 22 that I shortened the grip to 23 length.
CB in 9mm and KCI 19 mags.

If the 40 23 length OEM springs work in the KCI 19 Mags? Will order more OEM springs.

·
MacGyver
7,202 Posts
Opinions are like a$$ho...ahem......eyebrows, everyone has a different one.

KCI has worked for me fine- and when they stop, I replace the springs with Wolf mag springs and they continue fine, unless I am using some crap ammo like Winchester Forged which stick and choke in every mag I've used.

It is not always the fault of the mag, that the ammo does not slide up the chute smoothly.

·
G43 Fanboy
1,655 Posts
I still have two Korean 15-rounder mags that picked up at a gun show right around the time when Slick Willy signed the AWB. They work OK with RNFMJs, but have caused FTFeed with C-B JHPs I was carrying back then. I would not carry any of those Korean mags for SD, but I still use them along with Glock OEM 10-rounder mags on the range.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I have some in 9mm that work fine. 17 and 15 round mags. 40 is a little different. I bought some 15 round G22 size mags after I bought my first set of 17 round G17 mags. The G22 size mags wouldn't drop free. Too fat. Lately I've tried a few 13 round G23 size magazines and they are fine. Maybe the first I bought years ago were an anomaly.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Anyone had any experience with the 30 round .223/.556 mags that KCI makes. They are selling here locally for $6.50 a piece.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have 3 of the 33 round Glock mags. Had intermittent feeding problems until I replaced the springs with Wolff +10's. Since then they have been flawless.

I don't think they would hold up well to be being dropped like in competition so I only use them for range fun.

Bought them a couple of years ago on sale. Even with the addition of the Wolff's they were still only 2/3 of the price of Glock mags.

Don't know if I would buy them again unless the price was right.

·
G43 Fanboy
1,655 Posts
Anyone had any experience with the 30 round .223/.556 mags that KCI makes. They are selling here locally for $6.50 a piece.
I picked up 4 of those Korean made 30-rounder mags a few years ago. I have been using two of them and so far they have been working reliably with no issues, though their mag spring seems a bit weaker than the spring in P-mags. I also do not shoot my AR rifles much. So I do not know their longevity compared to P-mags.... But for the price, it would not hurt to try a couple as your range mags. (I know I paid much more than $6.50 a piece for mine.)

·
M&P
5,879 Posts
I’d pass if you can get Glock or Pmag. I bought 8 over the years knowing I was doing an AR9. I’ve only opened 4. All of them have had to be sanded on, cleaned out, silicon sprayed and a Wolff extra power spring installed (additional $8 each). 3 of the 4 work well, one I’m still having troubles with currently. For $15 plus another $8 plus the work, I’d rather have just spent the $30 at the time for Glock brand 33 rounders.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I have probably 30 or 40 of the 17 mags, and 20 or so of the 19 mags, and have yet to have any issues with them.

Ive been using the same lot of 20 or so 17 mags, as dedicated practice mags, a couple of times a week, every week, for over 10 years now, and other than changing out a few with Wolff springs, for an issue that ended up not being mag related (the springs nor the mags themselves were not the problem), have never had a problem with the ones I havent changed, and I couldnt tell you which ones were original and which ones have the Wolff springs.

I trust those mags enough that I wouldnt have any issue using them as a carry mag.

I do have a few of the KCI 33 rounders, and they are a different critter, and I did not have good luck with them, nor do I recommend them. Even when I replaced the springs and followers with Glock parts, and cleared out the flashing inside the mag on a couple of them, I still had some issues, but they did function better.

To be fair, I have a bunch of the factory 33 rounders too, and they don't work all that great either.

For extended mags past the 17 rounders, Ive had the best luck with the MagPul 21 and 27 rounders, and wouldnt hesitate to recommend them. They are pretty cheap too, and also a good buy..

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have 3 of the 33 round Glock mags. Had intermittent feeding problems until I replaced the springs with Wolff +10's. Since then they have been flawless.

I don't think they would hold up well to be being dropped like in competition so I only use them for range fun.

Bought them a couple of years ago on sale. Even with the addition of the Wolff's they were still only 2/3 of the price of Glock mags.

Don't know if I would buy them again unless the price was right.
14.00 a piece for 19's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts