close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

KCI Magazines

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ranger1968, Jan 30, 2010.

1. ranger1968

ranger1968

In the past, I have always found the aftermarket Glock magazines to be poor, and I have stayed with Glock factory only...

Lately however, I have heard good things about the KCI mags from Korea, and they are readily available and very reasonable- you can get the Glock .40 31 round mags for as little as $12 each, and the Glock 22 15 round mags for as little $8.....

I was thinking of picking up a few , but I have no recent personal experience with the KCI brand.

Has anyone here tried them?

2. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

Well I put this way. If I can buy two for the price of one I will give them a try. I liked them to the point that now I have 20 of the 15 rnd and 4 od the 33 rnd. I admit I do have several Glock mags for HD. Not one of the KCI mags ever failed me and they sure save alot of time at the range. Give them a try.

3. oISHUTupNrocKIo

oISHUTupNrocKIo Glock Lover

My buddy showed me alittle modding he did with his .45 ACP Scherer 30 RD Mag. He switched out the extended mag plate, and put a regular base plate on it and also switched the crappy spring out and put in a Wolff 5% G18 Spring in it... works perfect. But after all the parts for a mag, it ran him $60.

My opinion, look for reviews, and if most of them are good, buy one, test it out, and if it works good... go nuts, get more.

4. doktarZues

doktarZues I'm anti-anti

I have around 20 KCI mags now for my g19. I have completely retired my glock mags from anything other than carry mags or storage. I have had a few failures with them that I do believe were mag related, so it kind of sucks when you're touting your glock reliability and then get a failure in front of a buddy and say "it's these damned immigrant magazines".. hehe. But it's worth it to me. I like saving the wear and tear on my glock mags and so far have been very reliable, but not quite as reliable as the glock mags.

All in all I think they are a good buy, though IMO you should still carry or keep a home defense pistol loaded with glock mags.

5. rygleason

rygleason

I just picked up a new KCI G19 mag to carry as my spare for my G26. I am not sure if I need to break the spring in or what, but it was a HUGE pain to load. I spent 10 minutes trying to get all 15 rounds in there! My Glock mags are so much easier to load-too bad they cost about $10-$15 more, but that extra $ may be saving you time instead of trying to load those KCI mags. I am definately getting a Glock brand G19 mag for my spare when I CC.

6. skyugo

skyugo

they're not worth the trouble in my opinion.
    i have 2 KCI G19 mags. the floorplates on both are cracked. yes, they've been dropped on concrete a few times, empty. they haven't blown off hte mags yet, but i'm sure they will soon. i've taken those KCI's to the range maybe half a dozen times. you save 10 bucks up front, but it costs you in the long run.

7. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

There OK for practice/plinking, but I wouldn't carry one in my Glock to save my life. Literally. I bought some from Sportsmans Guide and using them was the ONLY time I've ever had a Glock jam. Every mag had at least one jam. Bottom line...you get what you pay for.

8. ranger1968

ranger1968

Thanks guys , I am gonna order some ....Centerfire has them in 3-packs- $36 for 3 31 rounders, and $24 for 3 15 rounders.....

For that money, I will give them a shot, and if they need a little fitting to get them to work 100 %, I can deal with that.....

9. tango44

tango44

No problems at all, with my KCI G17 and G19 mags!

10. AZson

AZson

Fine for the range but not for every day carry.

11. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

The 9mm KCI Mags work fine for me....However, I tried some Khan .40 magazines(The 15-rd and the 30-rd) and they were complete GARBAGE. If you loaded either of them and let them sit for about an hour. The side would swell up and the mag wouldn't fit into the gun. I would pass.

12. LRB2GZ

LRB2GZ

My Khan 17 mags work flawlessly.

13. ranger1968

ranger1968

The Kahns and the KCI's are different though, aren't they?:dunno:

14. fivestar

fivestar

I've got two KCI G19 mags which I bought for the heck of it. So far they've been fine. I would never carry them or use them for anything other than range use though.

15. professor gun

professor gun

I have 5 KCI mags for the Glock 17. They work just fine. No issues.

I would like to get some for the Glock 22.

16. ranger1968

ranger1968

I answered my own question with my friend , the Search button....It looks like the Kahn and the KCI mags, while both Korean, are made by different companies, with the KCI mags being of better quality , according to people who have handled and owned both.....

I never heard good things about the Kahns, but the KCI's seem to have a better rep.

17. 03 Jarhead

03 Jarhead Stiff Member

I have several KCI mags for my G19 and they have all been perfect. Definitely worth the money. :thumbsup:

18. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

Honestly, if Glock made the 33 rounders for 9mm ONLY, then we're left with the Koreans:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. stengun

stengun

Howdy,

I have 5 KCI 17rd 9mm mags ffor my G23 LW 40-9mm conversion barrel and they work great. I have never had a hiccup of any type with them.

I only wish I had a bunch more.

Paul

20. ranger1968

ranger1968

I just ordered 6 mags- 3 31 rounders and 3 15 rounders- as extra/range mags for my 23....I got 6 mags, 3 of which are 30+ rounders, for $60. For that price I will take a chance.

I will let you guys know how they function, thanks for all the replies!:wavey: