close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kawasaki 600 ZZR?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Esox357, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Esox357

Esox357

What do you guys think of the Kawasaki 600 ZZR? I will be purchasing my first bike and liked this one. Also around how much should they run? Is a extended warranty worth purchasing? Thanks Esox357.

2. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Detail.aspx?id=148

It is basically the older ZX-6 (before the 636 came out). Good bike and they still look great IMO.

I would give that a :thumbsup:

Sorry I can't help you the price other than what the website says.

I am not sure what experience you have riding, but I would get a used dirtbike first to practice. No insurance, no traffic, no plates and registration, and it will give you a good feel for riding a bike and teach you a lot about control.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

It's still a potent bike putting out over 100-hp. So, watch yourself. I don't know about the price or the extended warranty either. Usually bikes are pretty cheap to fix if they go wrong at all, so to me it's not worth shelling out for the extended warranty. Especially if that warranty is only good at one location and not to any dealership of your choosing.

4. 357glocker

357glocker

I think the extended warranty is worth the couple hundred bucks for the peace of mind. I don't know what you will pay for the extended warranty on the 600, but I paid $300 and rode my bike almost 8k miles this last year. $300 with no deductable in engine repairs won't be hard to rack up at a authorized dealer if something goes wrong.
    Enjoy the bike, be careful!

5. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

A girl I work with has one; an '06 I think. She got it for $4,100 with 300 miles on it. The seller HAD to get rid of it, hence the great price.

6. 357glocker

357glocker

After riding it today I say you have an awesome bike! My 250 feels like a scooter now, and that was keeping yours under 4k because of breakin period, thanks Tiffany's gonna be pissed here soon:)

7. Esox357

Esox357

Thanks. Buy one, she will get over it! :banana: Esox357.

8. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

Find that puzzling from a year round rider. You SW guys must rack up a lot of miles on your cycles. I'd think if I were down by you I'd be getting an extended warranty.

Good caution on the dealer part though.

9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Aprilias are good for two-years UNLIMITED mileage or four years with 50K (but the latter comes with a catch such as service by dealerships is a part of the deal). BMW is three-years 36K. But I have two bikes (with a third coming hopefully soon, damn you KTM for making me wait!), so yeah, I put a lot of mileage on but they are all spreaded out.

Not only that but I wouldn't buy warranty that's good at one dealership only. What good does it do if I'm in Albuquerque or Houston and my bike breaks down?

10. freakshow10mm

Makes sense. I gather that the Jap bikes aren't as generous with their warranty? If my vintage 80's Suzuki craps I'm just SOL.

11. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Holster Maker

I just made a deal this morning to buy a 2005 Kawasaki ZZR600 w/3,781 miles on it for $5200.

Can't wait to get the bike and to take the MSF course in a couple of weeks.:banana: :banana:

Steve

12. freakshow10mm

Cool. Pat on the back for getting in the MSF course.

13. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Congratulations on the new toy.

And yes, Freakshow, I was and still am unable to comprehend why Japanese motorbike manufacturers don't give you squat for warranty coverage as far as years and mileages go. They seem to be generous enough with their cars' warranties. Even Ducati has a two-years unlimited mileage warranty. But then they do that knowing that the Duck riders don't put much mileage on their bikes. Just joking:tongueout:

14. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

Cool Steve, I'm sure you'll have a GREAT time with the ZZR600.

Extended warranty? I don't trust *anyone* to turn a wrench on my bike. Every fastener that was ever touched by a "mechanic", was either improperly tightened or damaged, on each of the three bike's I've owned. Phooey.