close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Karpen generator and other "free energy" devices.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by jp3975, Apr 27, 2013.

1. jp3975

jp3975

I was arguing with someone on facebook about solar and other types of energy when he starts talking about free energy and govt cover ups of it.

I dont really know how to argue with that because I dont know much about them. All I could do was ask how that's working out for him.

I was linked to this site...

http://www.freeenergyparty.org/

And

http://www.greenoptimistic.com/2010/12/25/karpen-pile/#.UXwd77VOT0c

I found a site trying to sell plans for a karpen generator, but its obviously a scam.

It seems interesting though...a battery that never dies.

http://www.karpengenerator.com/vsl/?src=BEN-CB

Anyone have any knowledge of these sorts of things? I know they cant be viable or there would be people on GT posting about them...particularly the posters who have solar arrays and are trying to live off the grid.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  2. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Every battery dies. But not every battery lives.

3. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

I'm guessing it's a big steaming pile of something:

[​IMG]

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Gotta love the American education. "Free" energy, indeed.

5. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Refer them to a grade school science text book...

... wait never-mind...

Simply encourage them to build one of these devices...

6. mj9mm

mj9mm

no free energy? never heard of the Obama phone? the never ending waste of government

7. Bruce M

Bruce M

Ask them about chemtrails and about how the government was involved in a conspiracy at Newtown?

8. Trapped_in_Kali

Trapped_in_Kali

I met a guy (Wife's friend's husband) who told me he was going to make a generator. I asked him gas, diesel or natural gas? He told me it was not going to need any fuel, it would just run & generate electricity. I nodded, smiled & backed away slowly.

9. OlliesRevenge

OlliesRevenge

"Free energy" is a misnomer. It implies that the laws of thermodynamics are being broken. The guys behind this kind of research never state that something is being created from nothing, just that energy is being pulled from a little understood source -- This is usually described as "negative energy", or "energy from the vacuum". Maybe one of our illustrious physicists can chime in with their opinion on the viability of energy from the vacuum of space.

Google John Bedini or Tom Bearden, and you can read all about this stuff. Hundreds of people all over the world have built devices like the Bedini Monopole generator, or variants. The plans and schematics are available online for free. Are they really "over unity"? I don't know, but since my mind doesn't automatically snap closed like a bear trap whenever confronted with new or unusual information...I'd like to find out.

I was an electronics technician in the Navy, which doesn't mean much except that I am interested in electronics -- and building one of these things just for fun is on my bucket list.

10. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

The law of Conservation of Energy should be a Federal law, then you could prosecute idiots.

11. railfancwb

railfancwb

Congress would be considering amendment or repeal, and the President would promise to sign any bill which repealed it. There would be an amendment to the bill in House/Senate conference to make Pi = 3.000 which would be accepted by unanimous voice vote.

Some politician would write a book, then make a documentary about "The Unbelievable Truth", win a Nobel prize, then make billions with an energy conservation company.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

12. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Our own devildog2067 (aka Dr. Steven Won) has:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470896&highlight=vacuum+energy

Edit:

A Google search for Dr. Steven Won to check my spelling turned up this Youtube video apparently done for a religion class. It's low quality but I think this is our devildog2067 trying very hard to be understandable to non-physicists:

http://youtu.be/JEkK6-KFa2Q

13. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

There is such a thing as 'free' energy. I actually use it. I have a small solar array on my boat lift. It keeps the batteries charged. I pay for the solar generator and get free energy to drive it.

It isn't much - but it is free.

14. devildog2067

devildog2067

Ha--I had no idea that had been uploaded to YouTube.

That guy is a high school history and religious studies teacher, we went to grade school together and he asked me to speak to his class.

15. Rabid Rabbit

Rabid Rabbit

I did see a free energy device demonstrated and it worked sort of in very limited circumstances. I forget the reason why (he said is collected fragmented electricity from transformers, collect the electricity and put it in a form that could be used) but the device was a large capacitor connected to a induction motor and the device would only make a difference for an induction motor. As far as I was able to determine few if any household appliance use induction motors so this "magical" ability is pretty moot. I think I'll stick to keeping my refrigerator coils clean and turn off lights instead.

16. Rick C

Rick C affiant

While her drumming was suspect, she was a cutie.
    Obviously, I'm not a physicist.

17. devildog2067

devildog2067

[​IMG]

18. devildog2067

devildog2067

If this thing really worked, it would be the biggest thing ever. I mean, really ever.

And it would be really, really, really simple to prove that it works. Hook it up to an LED or a simple electric motor and see how long it lasts.

Why haven't they done that? Oh, right, because if they actually did that it would become rapidly obvious that this is a simple, standard electrochemical battery, nothing more.

19. jp3975

jp3975

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Uv2oINpX0"]Karpen's Pile replication - Electricity from ambient heat - YouTube[/ame]

I did see this video on youtube supposedly explaining what it is with a demonstration. Its still pretty neat i think, though i wouldnt think theres a practical use.

Enjoyed your lecture[youtube].

20. DoubleWide

DoubleWide

Never discourage, always encourage.

Sweet! Free Energy! When you going to build it?