GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"3501.35 No loitering or congregating near polling places.
(A) During an election and the counting of the ballots, no person shall do any of the following:

(1) Loiter, congregate, or engage in any kind of election campaigning within the area between the polling place and the small flags of the United States placed on the thoroughfares and walkways leading to the polling place, and if the line of electors waiting to vote extends beyond those small flags, within ten feet of any elector in that line;

(2) In any manner hinder or delay an elector in reaching or leaving the place fixed for casting the elector's ballot;

(3) Give, tender, or exhibit any ballot or ticket to any person other than the elector's own ballot to the precinct election officials within the area between the polling place and the small flags of the United States placed on the thoroughfares and walkways leading to the polling place, and if the line of electors waiting to vote extends beyond those small flags, within ten feet of any elector in that line;

(4) Exhibit any ticket or ballot which the elector intends to cast;

(5) Solicit or in any manner attempt to influence any elector in casting the elector's vote.

(B)

(1) Except as otherwise provided in division (B)(2) of this section and division (C) of section 3503.23 of the Revised Code, no person who is not an election official, employee, observer, or police officer shall be allowed to enter the polling place during the election, except for the purpose of voting or assisting another person to vote as provided in section 3505.24 of the Revised Code.

(2) Notwithstanding any provision of this section to the contrary, a journalist shall be allowed reasonable access to a polling place during an election. As used in this division, "journalist" has the same meaning as in division (B)(2) of section 2923.129 of the Revised Code.

(C) No more electors shall be allowed to approach the voting shelves at any time than there are voting shelves provided.

(D) The precinct election officials and the police officer shall strictly enforce the observance of this section.

Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 47, SB 109, §1, eff. 2/25/2014.

Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 4, SB 10, §1, eff. 6/26/2013.

Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.105, SB 295, §1, eff. 8/15/2012.

Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.40, HB 194, §1 Made subject to referendum in the Nov. 6, 2012 election. The version of this section thus amended was repealed by 129th General AssemblyFile No.105, SB 295, §1, eff. 8/15/2012.

Effective Date: 03-23-1981; 05-02-2006

https://codes.ohio.gov/orc/3501.35 "

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
State of Ohio law is no signs or campaigning within 100 feet of a polling place.

Also.... During an election and the counting of the ballots, no person shall do any of the following: Loiter, congregate, or engage in any kind of election campaigning within the area between the polling place and the small flags of the United States placed on the thoroughfares and walkways leading to the polling place, and if the line of electors waiting to vote extends beyond those small flags, within ten feet of any elector in that line.

When you have to show up, stand outside a polling place, and broadcast your position and platform... that appears to be some desperation campaigning to me.

On another note.... the fear of Covid runs deep in this one. She's wearing a double layered mask in an effort to still be out there, but not catch it... or pass it on. I'll also go as far to say that her wearing a black mask is a subliminal message on her part... Heaven forbid you wear a white one with a US flag on the side of it.

IV

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yawn. Didn’t even know anyone from that campaign was in the State today.

I’ve seen so many pro trump rallies and caravans over the last couple of months that I am convinced the pollsters will be joining the ranks of the unemployed.

There is no doubt they have some support, but I’ve never seen anything like the energy folks have for Trump. That’s just the vocal ones. I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that there are a crap load of Americans who know they are better off than they were four years ago.

We shall know in short order.

MAGA.

·
Registered
27,184 Posts
Meanwhile, back in her home state, in the ultra progressive town of Los Gatos (Santa Clara county) ...

My wife just called to tell me that she's going to be stuck trying to get out of Los Gatos. She said there's a very long "parade" of veh's tying up traffic down the center street of the town, festooned with flags and declaring support for Trump 2020. Kinda surreal.

Then again, this is the same ultra liberal town where I saw a group of happy people with clip boards, who had set up their table on the main drag's sidewalk, near the local Apple store, gathering signatures to recall governor Newsom. I did a double take, as this is the sort of town where a while ago people would've been proselytizing for our liberal governor.

Makes me wonder if something in the local aquifer has changed ..
:animlol:

·
Registered
30,271 Posts

·
I'm your huckleberry....
17,485 Posts
When does this actually start? With Early Voting, Vote by Mail, Vote by Proxy, Vote if you are Dead, when does this start?

If she is in violation, why is she not fined as any lower-life form would have been?
1) She's a democrat
2) She passes as black
3) She's a woman
4) She's a democrat
5) She's Biden's VP pick
6-10) She's a democrat

Reactions: B C and billy_56081
1 - 16 of 16 Posts