Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years go when the P380 debacle hit Kahr took a hardline stance similar to a car dealer, "You bought it, you own it, you fix it". They had a guy named Jay whose sole job was to put the blame on the customer and not take back returns for repair.
Today I called Kahr (Rob) and they will work on my K9 Yonkers police trade in that's 12 years old, shipping on their dime. (Brass to the face on the last shot).
I had a similar experience with Colt, they worked on a 13 year old Series 70 in new condition that I picked up at a gun show for 300. It stovepiped right out of the box.

On the other hand Glock has Kevin who blames everything on the customer. I called about a defect on a firearm (less than a year old, within warranty) and he told me it was my problem. No more Glocks for me. Another Glock I had they argued like crazy but eventually took it back (bent barrel, had to send me a new one). If this is the road they want to go down, they will suffer like Kahr did.

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
I am glad to hear Kahr is taking the high road with their customers, it will pay off as time goes on.

I have read a lot of comments regarding Kahr issues. I have to say, I have owned 5 now and they all have been flawless in operation. The only thing I don't like about the Kahrs I have owned was the long reset. I practiced so much with my PM9 and P380, I have actually mitigated this downside to manageable time penalties and actually carry both frequently.

They do grow on you.

·
Supreme Member
4,087 Posts
I have five Kahrs. Four have been completely trouble free. One was a problem child and had to go back to the factory several times about three years ago. I had no problems with customer service at all. They were friendly, helpful, paid all shipping costs, and had a quick turnaround time. I have nothing but praise for them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My T9 kept breaking mag followers and Kahr happily sent me new free followers at my request. The T9 broke those as well.

While it still ran great with broken followers I relegated it to range use.

Some time later I read that the feed ramp of the barrel was contacting the followers and breaking them. Kahr paid shipping both ways, fixed the issue, the followers and refused to accept payment for installing a front night site I asked for. They did all this in less than a week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.