close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kahr night sights

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by steven07, Nov 18, 2012.

1. steven07

steven07

I have been contemplating putting night sights on my PM40 (CCW) for some time now. Karhs website has a set of Williams Firesights that are real comparable to the Hi Viz sights I have on all my glocks and at $50. Asides from Trijicon those are the only sights that I really like. Has anyone used them, or added non-factory night sights to a Kahr and had any issues??? Any input would be greatly appreciated because I'm ready to place my order for the firesites
    http://www.kahr.com/Sights/Sights.asp

2. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

When I bought my PM9 the night sites were dead. I contacted Khar. They sent a replacement. I could not fit the replacement. They were too tight. I ended up send the slide to Khar to fix this.

It should be noted that I have replaced sights on many guns. This is the first time I have sent the slide to someone else to do it. I would suggest either having the correct tool, or use a file or send the slide to them.

As far as the sights you mentioned, I wouldn't go that way, but if that is what you like, that is what you like. I want my dots to glow on their own. Not pull in ambient light.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012

3. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I have Tru Dot night sights on my MK9 and K9.

4. awpk03s

awpk03s

Williams fire sights are great, but they are fiber optic sights, and not tritium night sights. They will be great for day shooting, not for low light as much.

I like Meprolight nights sights on Kahrs.

5. Z71bill

Z71bill

My PM9 - purchased new - came with tru dot night sights -

I want night sights on my SD guns - if nothing else makes them easier to find in the safe on a dark night.

But I like the simple - basic styles - no fancy pants colors - no BIG dots - no oddball shapes -

Just a front blade with a single green dot - and a back notch with two green dots.

:dunno:

6. steven07

steven07

Just as I was hoping for... a debate!!! Might have to hold off another week before I waste any money on an unnecessary purchase. This gun in question is my CCW weapon and I spent a little more on it than I had planned for because of that exact purpose. Knowing Kahrs reliability while still having the slim subcompact size- I was more than happy to paying an extra $200. While the chances of needing bright night sights in a situation are fairly slim, just knowing that they are there just seems to bring a bit of added comfort.
    http://www.kahr.com/Sights/Kahr-New-Big-Dot-Tritium-Sights.asp
    The price is a little steep to me... I also found the XS 24/7 sights but they were only $12 cheaper
    While disregarding price and focusing more on dependability which route would you take???

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  7. barth

barth six barrels

My MK40 Elite came NIB with factory Kahr tritium night sights.
    I like them a lot.
    Have changed most of my guns to XS Big Dots.
    But the factory Kahr NS I'm leaving alone.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  8. Lampshade

Lampshade

I had some Trijicons put on a CM9 today.

The gunsmith ended up milling the sight to get it to fit.

9. cphilip

cphilip

Not surprised. When I put a set on my G27, I had to file them. The rear one that is. kept taking off a bit and trying... removing and retrying... finally got it. Had to be patient. I was under the impression that its a fairly common process on many guns? I don't have a lot of experience enough to say that but it was my experience.

10. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

I like XS sights. Some really like the big dot, some don't. The standard dot front sight is good.

What I like about XS is their contrast; even in bright daylight, the white circle in a black sight housing, around the tritium lamp means no matter what the background, that front sight is always visible.

I can take or leave illuminated rear sights. A blacked out rear is probably one of the better arrangements. Your focus should always be the front sight.