Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just purchased my first Kahr (PM9 with green Tru Dot sights), and after reading the owner's manual, looking in the magazine well with a flashlight, and surfing Kahr's website, I haven't been able to definitively find out if the magazine catch is metal or plastic.

I have a Ruger LCP, which has a plastic catch, so it's advisable to fully depress the mag release button when inserting a mag to reduce wear and tear on the catch. Is this the case with Kahrs also?

ETA: The pistol was NIB when I bought it, just in case there's a difference between older models and newer ones.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Old production were plastic. New are metal. I was sent a replacement and it was metal. Send them an email with serial # and ask to be sure. Typically they answer within a day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. The catch seems like metal to me, too, but I was wondering if somebody could tell me for sure. I'll e-mail the company, give them the serial no., and see what their answer is.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's not too tricky to remove it. Use a very small screw driver to pop the spring out of it's notch and the catch slides right out.

You'll curse me the first time you try, but after playing with it a couple times you can get the mag catch in and out in a minute or so. You'll know what it's made of if you hold it in your hand...

- Wilson

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts