Glock Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trigger Rim

I have a CM9 that has been excellent. I have over 800 rounds with no issues. Lately the gun has been hard to field strip and reassemble. I noticed that one spot of the plastic rail seems to be worn. This could be where it's hanging up. I'm sure I could file or sand it smooth. Look at the pic, it's kind of hard to see.

Was wondering if you Kahr guys have seen similar with your guns and if you think it's normal. Also how many rounds do you guys have through yours? Just wondering how durable these are? Lots of plastic in there.

Thanks

· Registered
10,618 Posts

· Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
1,779 Posts
I love the polymer Kahrs. The "nick" in the left rail is intentional and any excess plastic can be trimmed or cut away to stop it from impeding the action. The plastic rails are just guides for the slide, not structurally necessary.

Wynn :)

Reactions: Seven High

· Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love the polymer Kahrs. The "nick" in the left rail is intentional and any excess plastic can be trimmed or cut away to stop it from impeding the action. The plastic rails are just guides for the slide, not structurally necessary.

Wynn :)
Awesome. Thanks again

· Registered
907 Posts
It's good to know that the slide nick is a witness mark. However, something was causing this: "Lately the gun has been hard to field strip and reassemble." If the pictured suspect areas aren't "it", something else has to be. But what?

· Da Da
7,318 Posts
As long as you are the original owner, Kahr will fix almost anything.

If you bought it used, don't tell them Warranty is not transferable.

I have three Kahr pistols and only my used CM9 needed work and I was promptly rebuked.

Luckily I was able to fix it myself, but was not happy about the non-transferable warranty.

· Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I have three Kahr pistols and only my used CM9 needed work and I was promptly rebuked.

Luckily I was able to fix it myself, but was not happy about the non-transferable warranty.

I did buy it new so that's good...

· Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's good to know that the slide nick is a witness mark. However, something was causing this: "Lately the gun has been hard to field strip and reassemble." If the pictured suspect areas aren't "it", something else has to be. But what?
I'm pretty sure it's the plastic guide that's making it hang up. Need to look at it again to be sure

· Brass Vulture
10,265 Posts
Give Kahr a call, they will fix it if there's a problem. I called them when my CM40 was giving me issues. They emailed me a Fedex label within a couple minutes and I had the pistol out that day. Turn around time was just under two weeks if I remember correctly.

· Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Give Kahr a call, they will fix it if there's a problem. I called them when my CM40 was giving me issues. They emailed me a Fedex label within a couple minutes and I had the pistol out that day. Turn around time was just under two weeks if I remember correctly.
Cool. I will do that. Good to hear they have good customer service.

· Raven
12,746 Posts

I had a Kahr that broke. Chunk got taken out of the slide rail in the back, clearly due to a defect in the casting. Called them up, mailed the gun to them, got the gun back with 2 new mags (one extended) and a new Elite 03 frame.

I'm not the original owner and they never asked any questions.

· Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OP here with an update:

Called Kahr and explained what was going on. The guy knew exactly what I was talking about. He said that wear on the plastic guide is caused by not having the slide perfectly lined up when you reassemble. Assured me that it will not affect anything and I don't need to try to smooth it out or send it into them. I'm satisfied with his answer and will not worry about it.

thanks everyone

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.