Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great response to the guy's inquiry about the CW9. I have one of those and love it.

But, I am thinking of the CW45. Might anyone have input on that gun as well -- reliability, recoil, whether you like yours? Thanks.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have a CW45, and used to have a CW9, which was eventually replaced with a PM9

I like the CW45. It has not been quite as reliable as the CW9 was, but it is settling down after about 300 rounds. Recoil is noticeable, but not as bad as might be expected from such a light gun. I find it more pleasant to shoot than a mid-size .357mag revolver.

If I had it to do over again, I would probably spend the extra $ to get the PM45 instead.

·
Premium Member
6,941 Posts
I agree. I would spend the extra money and go for the top shelf version. I know the receivers are the same, but the CW series slides just leave me cold. I'm not into a bunch of fancy stuff, but i appreciate fine workmanship. To each their own.

·
Premium Member
6,941 Posts
No, the PM45 has a shorter grip, and holds one less rounds.
Correct. I was referring to the CW series in general vs. the P series. Not the full-size vs. subcompact. Poor choice of words on my part.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correct. I was referring to the CW series in general vs. the P series. Not the full-size vs. subcompact. Poor choice of words on my part.
Yeah. But does anyone have experience with the CW45 and any comments about it? Has it been reliable, recoil OK, a little too big for carry, other impressions? Thanks. jrh

·
Registered
531 Posts
My friend has one and carries it all the time. Shoots great. Mild recoil-
IMO less than PM 40. I had a P45 and own a PM 45. The CW has standard
rifled bbl, not Poly like the P/PM 45's. Not dovetailed front sight, now you can
get a staked in FO/Night sight. Comes with only one mag

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a CW45 and like it a lot. It carries well and I can shoot it accurately. I had some reliability issues early on, but have worked past them now (well over a 1000 rounds without failure). You can read about the issues and fixes here:
http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1612

Here's a shot of my CW9 and CW45:

Regards,
Greg

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you very much for this helpful reply. The comparison picture is a real bonus, as was the attached link for helpful remedies in case I run into any trouble. I appreciate it! jrh

I have a CW45 and like it a lot. It carries well and I can shoot it accurately. I had some reliability issues early on, but have worked past them now (well over a 1000 rounds without failure). You can read about the issues and fixes here:
http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1612

Here's a shot of my CW9 and CW45:

Regards,
Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts