Glock Talk banner

Kahr cw380 or Ruger LCP2

6767 Views 24 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Stendec
I'm pondering one or the other for a pocket gun at work. I'm usually within sight of my truck with a G19/23 in it so it's just something to have in the pocket. I've read some good and bad about both but would like to hear from some GT owners and their experience with them. I'm sure some of the reviews if seen on the net have been biased by the all mighty dollar. So that's why I'm here looking for unbiased opinions before I buy.
Thanks Dave
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· John 3:16
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I
I have only owned the P380 and CW380. Both of the foregoing have been 100% reliable. Kahr does say to allow 200 rounds break in, but with mine, I didn't need it. If I have a deep concealment need, my P380 is in my pocket in an Alabama pocket holster. I shoot the P380 with its 3 dot night sights better than the bar dot setup that came with the CW380. It took a lot of practice to master the bar dots. One thing that is odd about the Kahr's is they explicitly state to use the "slide release", that is what they call it, to chamber first rounds. I did find slingshot chambering to be unreliable, so "slide release" it is for these guns.

It took me a while to get really good with my P380, but now I am pretty accurate and much faster than I thought I would ever be when I started.

I have shot all the LCP varients and all have proved reliable, but I never enjoyed the result.
I have a PM 9 but it's a little big for the pocket.

6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why are you not considering the most recent generation Beretta Pico?
I own - or have owned all three discussed here and I prefer the Pico over the other 2.
I guess I've just never seen one. Kind of like CZ's I hear about them but just never see them in gun shops.

6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm still getting through the break in process with my CW380, so far not reliable at all....but I'm going to hit it again today with some different ammo and a fresh cleaning, hopefully it will come around.
I do think the trigger is very useful for good shooting, as are the sights. I like it's construction and it's well suited for pocket carry if I can get it to run.
That' what worries me about the Kahr.

6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Update: well I walked out of the gun shop yesterday with the Ruger LCP 2. The trigger on this thing is sweet. I really like the trigger safety blade. It's thick and wide and doesn't seem like it will make the pad of my finger sore like the thin little blade on a Glock does after a hundred or so rounds. I didn' get to shoot it yet as I had my 3 year old grandson with me. He loved watching people shoot through the glass though. He was surprised to see girls shoot because he thought it was just a boy thing. Lol I had to tell him I've taken his mom and grandma both shooting before.

Reactions: WeeWilly
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.