Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
18,795 Posts
I have only owned the P380 and CW380. Both of the foregoing have been 100% reliable. Kahr does say to allow 200 rounds break in, but with mine, I didn't need it. If I have a deep concealment need, my P380 is in my pocket in an Alabama pocket holster. I shoot the P380 with its 3 dot night sights better than the bar dot setup that came with the CW380. It took a lot of practice to master the bar dots. One thing that is odd about the Kahr's is they explicitly state to use the "slide release", that is what they call it, to chamber first rounds. I did find slingshot chambering to be unreliable, so "slide release" it is for these guns.

It took me a while to get really good with my P380, but now I am pretty accurate and much faster than I thought I would ever be when I started.

I have shot all the LCP varients and all have proved reliable, but I never enjoyed the result.

· Registered
18,795 Posts
I

I have a PM 9 but it's a little big for the pocket.
I agree. I do pocket carry mine occasionally, but it is on the very outter edge. Although I have found a MIC with a simple piece of cardboard actually works better for both the G42 and the PM9 when pocket carrying (my G42/G43 MIC works for my PM9). The MIC allows the muzzle to get a little deeper, improving grip and draw. In the end, the PM9 is a AIWB carry gun 90% of the time, a dream really, IWB.

If you like your PM9, I think you will like the P380/CW380, great pocket guns.

· Registered
18,795 Posts
Update: well I walked out of the gun shop yesterday with the Ruger LCP 2. The trigger on this thing is sweet. I really like the trigger safety blade. It's thick and wide and doesn't seem like it will make the pad of my finger sore like the thin little blade on a Glock does after a hundred or so rounds. I didn' get to shoot it yet as I had my 3 year old grandson with me. He loved watching people shoot through the glass though. He was surprised to see girls shoot because he thought it was just a boy thing. Lol I had to tell him I've taken his mom and grandma both shooting before.
Congratulations on the new shooter.

Let us know how it goes after you start shooting/carrying it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.