Glock Talk banner

Kahr cw380 or Ruger LCP2

6745 Views 24 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Stendec
I'm pondering one or the other for a pocket gun at work. I'm usually within sight of my truck with a G19/23 in it so it's just something to have in the pocket. I've read some good and bad about both but would like to hear from some GT owners and their experience with them. I'm sure some of the reviews if seen on the net have been biased by the all mighty dollar. So that's why I'm here looking for unbiased opinions before I buy.
Thanks Dave
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
10,228 Posts
I don't know anything about the Kahr, but if you care anything at all about the tip of your dick, either don't carry with one up the pipe, or don't go with the LCP II.

A sigle action semi auto with no safety gives me the heebie jeebies. Especially if she's primed and ready to go, in my front pocket.

· I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
10,228 Posts
I don't own and have never shot the LCPII. I do have the a late production, original LCP and the Kahr CW380. I have no desire for the new LCP II.

My Kahr is slightly more accurate in my hands so far. Both have been reliable with the caveat that I never shoot more than 100 rounds between cleaning. With these type of guns, I want reliability but don't need them to pass a "torture test". If they perform with 100 rounds, every time, that is enough.

I also prefer the trigger and size of the original LCP vs the new version. IIRC, my stainless LCP breaks at about 6 pounds. Quite usable for a true pocket pistol. The original is also substantially less expensive.

If I had to pick one, it'd probably be the Ruger. I trust the company more than Kahr if I ever encounter a problem.
I wasn't sure how heavy that trigger broke, but 6 pounds sounds about right for mine. I lightweight trigger in a pocket pistol is just asking for trouble, and I'm betting more than a few guys will meet up with some.

Pulling the trigger on a tiny gun in stressful conditions would be hairy enough. Adding a target trigger to a tiny gun would make it more hairy.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.