Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
In all due respect Im not saying that the Kahr is a bad weapon But certainly not in the class of the either the older Glocks or especisally any HK or Sphinx.
Like everything else in life we all do get what we pay for. BUT dollar for dollar there is nothing can even come close to an older glock.

Really? Talk about LMAO.....Your post above this one if you are having stove pipes it's not the weapons fault. You are limp wristing it. As far as shotgunning a round in a Kahr I do it all the time. Perhaps you should spend some time with a micro pistol before you trash it. They are not built sloppy as your beloved Glock thus less forgiving.

I am not saying Glock is a bad weapon but I had more issues with a G27 I owned than I have had with ANY other weapon I have owned. My PM9 replaced it as a back up. And I'd certainly say my S&W Shield bought thru Vance LE for $370 spanks any Glock dollar for dollar easy......just sayin.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Great little guns after some back surgery I have to carry equal weight on each side so am carrying two cm9s one under each arm in a galco Miami classic.Dont feel under gunned.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I love my CM9. Its my EDC in a Blackhawk pocket holster. I tend to buy and sell guns and rotate through but cant see me selling this one. Think its a keeper!

Reactions: JMag

·
NRA Life Member
385 Posts
Got my CM9 on Friday. I racked and dry fired it 100 times then took it apart and cleaned it.
Went to the range today and put 200+ rounds through it without a hiccup. It went through 100 rounds of WWB and 100 rounds of American Eagle, then just to see what would happen I ran a bunch of my reloads through it.

I was impressed with the trigger. Very smooth and not too heavy. I still need to get some more trigger time in just to get used to the extra length of pull versus a Glock. I was shooting dead center but about 2 inches low at 7 yards. (Part of it could be my glasses....my prescription doesn't work very well trying to focus on the front sight....I'm going to have to see what I can do about better glasses.)

Other than that, all is good in Kahr land. I checked the mag follower and I couldn't see any evidence of it hitting the feed ramp on the barrel. Speaking of which, when I cleaned the gun I was impressed by the polishing job that Kahr did on the feed ramp. It's so shiny it looks like it was chromed.

I'm waiting for my N82 holster to come in for summer wear.

If I had any complaints it would be the sights, but again I don't know how much of that is my eyesight versus the sights on the gun. I may spring for the fiber optic sights that Kahr sells.

Would I buy it again? Yes. Would I recommend it to a friend to buy? Yes.

My department just changed our firearm policy where we won't be authorized to carry a .380 as our primary off duty weapon (We get off duty use of our vehicles and are required to carry if we're using the vehicle) so the LCP is being replaced by the CM9. I think the CM9 is going to be a nice "summer" gun for IWB/CC. I tried pocket carry and with jeans it fits in the front pocket easily. The only thing I would do if I was going to pocket carry would be to get a pocket holster just to keep the pistol positioned properly.

For comparison purposes I took some photos of my G39, the CM9 and my LCP. (The 39 is a hair wider than the G26/27)

CM9 on top of the G39

LCP on top of the Kahr on top of the G39

Comparing overall height

Comparing overall width

Reactions: PhotoFeller

·
NRA Life Member
385 Posts
Update on my CM9 - I'm not really a flashy person, so I didn't care for the two tone look. So.....$60 later at the Cerakote applicator, my CM9 now looks like this -

They did the slide, slide release lever and the rear slide cover.
Trigger is still silver due to the Kahr trigger being a PITA to remove/reinstall. If it bothers me down the road I'll touch it up with a Sharpie marker :super grin:

I'm thinking about having the mags Cerakoted too.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Great little gun. I've had mine for about two years and has been flawless. Carries better than any other gun I have.

·
Banned
110 Posts
since glock 9's don't fit in a pocket and the CM9 does, it's apples and oranges. There's no reason to belt carry such a small, lw gun. If I'm going to bother belt carry, it's going to be something with a lot more power and controlability.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My CM9 has been100% reliable. easy to shoot well. in warm weather its my every day carry. I think its about the right size for a 9. I also have a PM45, which isn't much bigger, and works very well also. it lives in my car.
Barry

·
Registered
587 Posts
Absolutely love mine. Picked one up a couple weeks ago and finally got time to break her in this past Friday. Zero issues in 350 rounds. Great shooter!! Very manageable for its small size and plenty accurate.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Btw kahr is offering a free mag with the purchase of any c series pistol through September 1st 2015. Just go to their website and fill out the form. Received mine in 5 days.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
My wife loves her CM9 and I'm very seldom without my PM9 either as a
primary with a P380 as backup or as backup to my SIG 220 or 226. All 3
have been flawless with several hundred rounds thru each.
Just keep in mind Kahrs prefer to run wet. Here's a lube guide for those
who don't already have it.
Dano

·
A swamp dude
11,212 Posts
My CW9 and P9 are fine compact pistols. They shoot great, carry great and look great, in my opinion.

There is a 200 round break in period for Kahrs, which is no big deal.

My only dislike about Kahrs is the way a round must be chambered by inserting a loaded mag and releasing the slide. Racking the slide to chamber a round isn't recommended. The slide is very difficult to open.

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
I love my CM-9. It is easy to pocket carry if I want, or IWB or OWB.

It is one of the best deals out there in a single-stack nine.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Mine almost always works when I rack the slide to chamber the first round. Only time it doesn't work is with certain weird ammo; ie the nylon clad ammo needed to be racked empty then mag inserted then slide released but other than that I've always just slingshotted the first round into battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 56 of 56 Posts