Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
8,805 Posts
Yes, it is still a tiny minority. Kahr sells about 26,000 guns per year. Only a few hundred show up with problems on the net.

We seem to be discussing the CM9 and the CW9. They are both substantially less expensive than a Glock. Perhaps you would be happier with a Jennings 22?
that Jennings remark is un call for :rofl:I mentioned the price but, for me, fortunately, is no objection as long it works.

·
NRA Life Member
141 Posts
After much personal debate, I traded my MK9 for a CM9 at a gun show last weekend. I'm pleased to report that it ran 100% with everything (about 100 rounds) I fed it including my mild handloads. Couldn't be more pleased.:supergrin:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I recently picked up a NIB PM9 at a gun show for pocket EDC. I have been very well pleased with it. It is flatter and carries more ammo than my S&W 642's, as well as shoots softer and is easier to shoot accurately. No malfunctions after about 800 rounds and it virtually disappears in cargo shorts and a DeSantis Nemesis holster. It's been a great summer carry gun with a spare mag in a Remora mag holder. I find I carry it more often than my Khar CWp and CW45.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just shot my new CM9 today. 100 rds of WWB and 25 rounds of Federal 124gr Nyclad. At the beginning the slide wouldn't lock back on last round, but after 30 or so rounds it was OK.

Where's the recoil, very smooth shooting gun, all 125 rounds fired and ejected very well. I'm pleased!

·
Newest EDC Sauer 1930
579 Posts
LMAO, Thats a good one. In all honesty I have shot the cm9 and also the PM9 both had stovepiped a few times.
Additionally you cant even pull the slide back to chamber a round you need to only release the slide with the slide release otherwise more stovepipes BUt at least they can handle +P which many our days cant such as walther, Deesert eagle, 9 & 40 's, and even Sig Sauer clearly states in there owners manual you void the warranty if you use +P mean while they call them real guns go figure, LOL.

I don't understand, in this forum the kahr is well liked, go to the Kahr forum and is all horror stories.:dunno:

·
Newest EDC Sauer 1930
579 Posts
In all due respect Im not saying that the Kahr is a bad weapon But certainly not in the class of the either the older Glocks or especisally any HK or Sphinx.
Like everything else in life we all do get what we pay for. BUT dollar for dollar there is nothing can even come close to an older glock.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I have a CW45 and a CM9 that I swapped a CW9 for and all ran great.

The CW45 had one bobble on its first mag and has been perfect since then. The nines have been flawless.

The CM9 replaced the CW9 for warm weather carry

The CW9 never had a problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No one has posted here in a while and I am new to this forum so here goes:
I have had a CW-9 for some time. When I first got it I was so excited I grabbed the wrong bag of ammo and had some bad reloads with some protruding primers I was going to blow off in a carbine. About the 3rd round thru the gun it prematurely detonated blowing off that little panel off the right grips! Scared the snot out of me! I was able to put her back together and with good ammo found the gun to be real accurate and a great pocket/carry piece. I have only one complaint in that the narrow grip that helps make it more concealable has a tendancy to really pound my hand. I also find that it likes 115 grain better than 125 and really doesn't seem to like 147 subsonic loads at all. Accuracy is best with the lighter loads at normal velocities. I of course love my Glocks, wish they made a pocket gun! There...that's my first post!

·
****** Viejo
29,241 Posts
After buying a CW9 because I couldn't find a CM9, I finally found a CM9 and it has been flawless for several hundred rounds and has become my current favorite EDC. tom. :cool:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a CM9 that has been a great shooter. My biggest issue has been learning the trigger. I am used to 1911's and the kahr trigger is very different. When I do my part the little 9 is more accurate than a gun its size should be. I have about 400 flawless rounds through mine,

BTW, I slingshot mine with NO PROBLEM. You DO NOT have to load the gun with the slide release every time, especially after you loosen it up with some rounds through he gun.

Its a hell of a lot nicer looking than a Glock too :tongueout:

·
Registered
659 Posts
I must have girlie soft hands because during the 200 round break in period for my CM9 my hands were raw from the grip

I fixed that by getting the talon grip...felt good ever since

Sent from my DROIDX using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
29 Posts
300 rounds through mine and no issues with 6 round magazines. Had some nose dive with a 7 rounder but quickly exchanged that for another 6 and have no issues since. Hogue grip trimmed a little and this is my new edc.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts