Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a PM9, and I love it. Small, thin, comfortable, reliable... but one thing keeps driving me crazy. The barrel. It looks like it does not belong to this gun. It does not match the slide at all. The metal surface has a different color and different texture. The chamber is much smaller than the cutout in the slide. And the bore of the muzzle is not concentrical with the front opening in the slide. What's up with it, Kahr?

Sorry for the rant and for the blurry cell phone pics.

·
Registered
273 Posts
picture one - it's not uncommon for bugs to have shorter breach openings, also not uncommon for this to make ejection an issue, ever try to get a live round out of a kel-tec .380, some are pretty easy some not so much with out dropping them out the mag well. hence the shape and fit.

picture 2 - pretty much looks like every semi auto using sigs locking breaching system I've seen, even your glocks look like that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can confirm my wifes brand new PM9 looks exactly the same in both regards. I dang near posted about both too, cause the thing was so tight when we got it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
* The color difference is due to the fact that the slide is matte stainless and the barrel is nickle plated.
* The ejection port is cut to allow ejection, as mentioned.
* The barrel to muzzle fit allows the barrel to pivot up and down, as it does during operation. Without this looseness, the gun wouldn't work.

Sometimes good engineering isn't pretty... form follows function.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts