K9 Skin Problesm

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by thejackbull45, Oct 5, 2005.

1. thejackbull45

thejackbull45

My German Shepard has developed dry skin that the Vet cannot get rid of. Hes been on antibiotics for 2 months. The only thing that is helping(temporarly) is Oxydex(sp).

I feed him Merricks canned food, homeopathic immune supporty, salman oill, msm glucosimine, chondrotin with perna mussel.

2. txkrieger

txkrieger

Change you GShepherds food to Bil-Jac dry food. In 2 weeks or so they will shed out their coat. Then you will have a new shiny, no dog smell coat on your GS.

I have a GS and a Golden Retriever, the Golden had lots of scratchy problems. I talked to a GS Schutzhund trainer, he said to change the dogs food to Bil-Jac, I did, and no more scratchy, dry skin.

good luck, Heidi and Noel give BilJac 5 Paws rating.

3. ShootNMove

ShootNMove concealed

Get the original Skin-so-Soft from Avon or whoever. Mix it 1 pt oil with 4 pts water. Put it in a spray bottle and spray your dog. Also, don't bathe your dog for a while. That shampoo strips all their natural oils. You can hose it down but avoid the shampoo.

GSDs were bred to live outside all the time and tend a herd. Their skin and coats need oil to be healthy. My breeder got me onto to the skin-so-soft, and it really works. Especially SchH dogs that get dirty, you just hose them down, and then spray them. Also use a chamois to dry them, that helps their coats a lot.