close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Justification For Not Personalizing My Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jeremy_283, Mar 20, 2012.

1. jeremy_283

jeremy_283

Besides the fact that I am tightwad with money, I have not/nor will put any part on my glock that is potentially light reflective. Like magwells, slide cover plates, or polished slides, etc. This may be a little extremist/or maybe it not?

Does anyone else think the same?

Of course this will all be offset by my use of night sights am I right?
    :uglylol:

2. michael_b

michael_b BRC #1492

Nothing wrong with not 'blinging' out your Glock.

The only thing I've done to mine( Gen4 17) is add the extended slide stop and someday I hope to add night sights.

Posted from my iPhone

3. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Jive Tiger

I agree. Besides, it's your gun. Make it how you like it. If that's bone stock, so be it.

I might add night sights to mine but that's about it, other than an upgrade to the internals (if it ever has to go home to Mama).

4. jay1975

jay1975 Ultra Master

I am looking at getting a Gen 4 G17 with which I will go with metal sights, extended slide stop, 4.5# connector and the G21 mag release (all from Glock), otherwise, it will remain stock and plain Jane.

5. Rumbler_G20

Rumbler_G20

Nope. No shiny stuff here either.

Not even night sights. I train regularly enough to know where my pistol is pointing, have absolutely no use for them.:dunno:

6. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

You're not a ninja (I assume) - if you pull your gun out, either you want somebody to see it, or it's too late for it to matter if somebody sees it. Since you are only allowed to use it defensively, creeping around in camo and ambushing your enemy isn't really a consideration.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  7. jeremy_283

jeremy_283

*but you could be creeping around a dark house looking for whatever casused the *glass break*

8. DRAGON1970

DRAGON1970

In that case I would gather my family in one area that is easily defensible and call for backup.

I would not split up to look for trouble and leave them alone so someone could get to them while I was searching.

9. Fastfordsrus

Fastfordsrus

I love my polished barrel, pins and extended slide stop lever, but that is my personal preference. There is nothing wrong with not doing it either, however I think the thought process that having a polished barrel is going to get you killed or "spotted" in a SD situation is a little off.

10. Rustin

Rustin

To each their own. I like em' stock if I'm gonna carry it. I do plan on tricking out a G17 for competition purposes.

ETA: Gotta replace those junk sights though. Trijicon is what I got.

11. RYNOCG201

RYNOCG201

I like mine plain too

RYNOC

12. DRAGON1970

DRAGON1970

Other than sights and a trigger connector I try to stay stock. I am usually against the gadgets because I used to buy every one that came out.

My opionion is based on my own experiences but the aftermarket parts most often failed in a match. This is usually more stressful than just static shooting.

We now have barrel damage attributed to aftermarket slidelocks.

13. Kaonashi

Kaonashi

That's what garrotes and tactical knives are for.

Edit: The above is a joke so please nobody take that as serious.
    Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

14. SGT278ACR

SGT278ACR Retired Veteran

I tend to like the idea of keeping mostly stock myself. Only changes I made were grip plugs in both my Glocks and Pearce grip extensions on my G26 mags. Other than that... no other changes. With that said... I do have an LWD 40-9 barrel for the G22 to swap out once in a while for range purposes only.

15. Bruce M

Bruce M

It seems as though there is an increase of statements like "my Glock had a XXX failure or problem after a non-Glock part has been installed compared to those that leave stock Glock parts in the gun.

16. Firecop203

Firecop203

I have a Gen 2 Model 17 that I was issued and given to me when I retired. I sent it to Ident and had it Laser engraved with the Department patch, name of the department and my unit number.

Looks pretty cool. It'll be something that my boys can fight over when I'm gone.

I have a Glock 37 that I put a fiber optic sight on and an extended slide release.

I also have a 21SF that had a slight grip reduction. Fits my hand a lot better now.

17. smokin762

smokin762

I replaced all my barrels with KKM barrels. They are made from stainless steel. I replaced all the factory sights with Mepro Night Sights.On my G30 I added an extended slide stop.

I used a white crayon to outline all the letters and numbers on all the slides on my Glocks. I have also been replacing the back plate covers with ones that catch my eyes. So far, I put a Skull & Cross Bones BackPlate on my G30 and I put the Bio Hazard Back Plate on my G32.

Do I think any of this will help or hurt them? I don’t think so. :yawn:

18. barth

barth six barrels

Your gun is supposed to be concealed.
    So having shinny parts really isn't an issue.
    As for me?
    I like it shinny.
    [​IMG]

19. jeremy_283

jeremy_283

I love the Molon Labe back plates but for some reason I don't want a distraction while aiming, lol

20. smokin762

smokin762

The distraction of the back plate over the rear sight was a major concern for me at first and it was a difficult sale for me. However, I got lucky. Everything worked out. I just stay with the black Back Plates with faint white images.

The Dealer that I bought them from told me that if I email him a jpeg of what I want he can put it on a back plate for me. I was thinking about taking a picture of a Skeleton Hammer on a 1911 and have that image put on a back plate for my G30. :supergrin: