close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just when I thought I had overcome the psychological pitfalls regarding CCW

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by PlayboyPenguin, Mar 23, 2010.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

After carrying my new Rohrbaugh for a couple days I am amazed at how easy it carries. The bad thing is that for it to disappear under a t-shirt I had to appendix carry (2:00 as pictured below). I found this completely unsettling and I just cannot bring myself to be comfortable with it.

I have to overcome my fear of printing, then my fear of carrying a loaded gun, then my fear of loaded guns with no safeties, then my fear of carrying a cocked and locked 1911. Just when I thought I had overcome all the psychological issues I would have to I now find myself once more unnerved.

I just could not handle a loaded gun pointed at my crotch while sitting. I could just picture a bullet tearing through my femoral artery...or worse, blowing off some very important parts that would force me to make a major life change that I am just not interested in making (and not just because my shoulders are too broad to pull off a halter top). When you carry at 3:30 at most you worry about a grazed fanny, but this was way worse a feeling. Even though I know my gun is not just going to go off by itself it was an unpleasant thought.

Anyone else have this issue?

[​IMG]

2. kendric98

kendric98

I droped my g19 once and was like oh well i know its fine, but if i droped a Rohrbaugh i would cry. Did i mention i hate you for owning one? [sigh] Oh and get an iwb crossbreed or mtac and put the pistol strongside 3:00. Go crossdraw if it must be in the front. btw can we get a pic of it?

3. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

I carry most of my guns at 3:30 but the gun prints more in that position with just a t-shirt over it. The appendix carry tucked it nicely under my middle aged spread. :)

4. viniglock

viniglock

What about pocket holster?

5. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

Pocket carry is way to bulky for my tastes and I do not feel it provides enough control of the weapon.

6. viniglock

viniglock

OIC. It just an option. I do carry a PM9 in my pocket no issues but I do use relax fit jeans.:cool::whistling:

7. Thorazine

Thorazine

Nah.

I figure the odds of the firearm magically discharging (assuming you have a decent holster) are significantly less than getting in to a fatal automobile accident.

-and-

Majority of us including myself will still drive daily without any hesitation.

8. skud_dusty

skud_dusty

I'm sure you've tried this, but what happens when you move the weapon back further?

9. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

Then I can't sit comfortably or bend over without major printing. :sad:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  10. tadbart

tadbart duuuuude.

trust me, YOU are the only one who sees "major printing." anybody else will probably never notice. put that pretty little thing at 3 or 3:30 and worry about something more important, like starving pirates in Detroit, or something.

11. bigdogmurph

bigdogmurph Lifetime Member

I carry a G27 in a Tagua beltslide at about 2:30 right side. I have right arm down just behind the Glock and I am more careful about arm movements. gun does'nt print too bad in just t-shirt. allways sit on inside of booth or against wall in McD's or where ever. Back to your concerns, I am not comfortable with front carry myself so just have to make do utherwise. Tagua has about 15 degree forward cant.

12. 1canvas

1canvas

it used to bother me but once you understand the mechanics of a gun it makes it easier. i started with a revolver, then a commander, now glocks. it bothered me for a while, now i don't think of it all.
    it's like crossing a high bridge, after a while you don't even think about it.

13. easyg

easyg

You are not alone.
    I just can't get comfortable (mentally) with a pistol carried in that manner.
    I would rather run the risk of printing and being detected and carry elsewhere on the body.
    Besides, even if someone notices the print, they still don't know for 100% that I have a pistol.
    And even if they do know....I'm still legal.

One thing you might want to try...
    Carry it in the front but on the opposite side (cross-draw).
    At least the barrel will be pointing away from the family jewels.

Good luck,
    Easy

14. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

Looser fitting clothing would help with the perceived printing.

15. Caver 60

Caver 60

I agree with that comment. Doesn't bother me at all. As long as your finger (or something else) doesn't get on the trigger, you won't have a problem. Have a good holster and be very careful and deliberate when holstering. Then keep your hands off it unless you need it.

16. SagKC

SagKC

Agree with these guys...:upeyes:
    For some reason, carrying appendix IWB around 1:30-2:00 never bothered me with my G27, but I was very concerned the first time carrying my G30 in the same position. More mindful of artery, etc. when I started carrying my G30 for some reason. No idea why worried more about the .45 than the .40. Took about 2 weeks to get used to the G30 and no issues since. :dunno:I also carry at ~3:30, depending on clothing.
    Complete mental exercise...

17. Patchman

Patchman Florist

If appendex worries you, try carrying SOB or 4-5 o'clock. More meat, no jewels.

18. SagKC

SagKC

Personally, I've overcome the appendix issue relative to Glocks, or any others for that matter. My focus now is on the holster. If it covers the trigger guard, holds the weapon nice and tight, no question or worry on carrying appendix.

YMMV.

19. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

You worry too much. That said, good for you for facing them and overcoming.

20. Soothsayr

Soothsayr

Size up one on your t-shirts and ease your mind. Duluth trading co. Makes some great ones that are cut 3 inches longer than usual- great for CC. Very reasonable too, you just have to live with solid color shirts. Duluthtrading.com