Just Tired...

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by EagleOne716, Jul 20, 2007.

1. EagleOne716

EagleOne716 Guest

I am a new poster to this forum even though I sit in the background and read your posts from time to time.
    Last night I heard about a case in Kansas City where a woman's house was broken into, she was sexually assaulted and she thinks the person who did it took one of her cats. One that you could tell, she loved very much. You could tell that her heart was broken as she begged for the return of her baby.
    I read about people who abuse kittens (one set on fire and one here on this board that was abused and stabbed).
    I heard on the news today that two teenagers stabbed, slashed and tortured a autistic child's pet turtle. The turtle is going through rehab now to treat his injuries.
    I am a police officer by profession and, I guess, am supposed to be "rough and tough" by nature but I love animals. Always have. I have 5 kitties and the wife has two dachshunds. They are our children. We treat them better than 90% of society treats their kids.
    I am just sick and tired of the bast**** in our society who abuse innocent creatures. I see neglect every day and it eats my heart out.
    I post this here because I know I am among kindred spirits. I am tired of listening to the news. I am tired of reading on this board about abused animals. I am just tired.
    We are a SICK SICK society!!!!
    Thank you for listening to my rant. Sometimes I feel like nobody cares anymore.
    :sad:

2. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

First of all, thank you.

I can't say I know exactly what you are going through, because I'm not a LEO. As a pet owner, I know what you mean though and it sickens me. I can only hope that these horrible people are found and brought to justice. In the mean time, I do everything I can to make sure my guys are happy and healthy. I'm thankful that at least I know for sure that my pets will never have to suffer. I also try to take the time to educate others on teh proper way to take care of their pets.

You're a police officer but you're also human. In your unique position you see the underbelly of society that most of us will never see. What you're feeling is totally natural. Just don't lose your faith in society as a whole. As an officer, you know that the successes rarely get reported. It's the failures that make the news night after night. In the case of the animals, there are a lot of successes out there.

Again, thank you and stay safe man.

3. EagleOne716

EagleOne716 Guest

Blinky:
    Thank you for your reply. Sometimes it gets overwhelming. And you are right about seeing the worst of society on a daily basis. It seems like all we hear on the news is the bad stuff...and you are right...BAD NEWS makes it on the screen while the good stuff falls on the cutting room floor.
    Also, thank you for your reminder to be safe. Two weeks ago I had the misfortune of attending the funeral for a brother officer who died in the line of duty. And it seems like in the past two weeks or so we have lost a LOT of officers across the nation. There is a war going on across the United States.
    That is why I fly my signature...."What we do is inherently dangerous".
    Again, thank you.....and give your little ones a hug for me..both 2 and 4-legged.
    :hugs:

4. sparky1

sparky1 Guest

I can't even watch Animal Cops any more I get so mad and it puts me in a bad mood. I tear up when I see a dog or cat run over in the road.
    I have just the one kitty but she love me and I love her. She is my baby. Drinks bottled water from a fountain and her treat/snack is fresh chicken breast I cook for her. The more people I meet the more I like my cat!
    I know (second hand) some of the stuff you go through. My uncle was a Ky. State Trooper/Detective. I have heard some of his horror/humorous tales.
    I hope you have found a way to deal with the "stuff"you have to deal with every day. Hugging your 4 kitty's and two dogs has to help! Not to mention the wife.:banana:
    Bless you and thank you for serving and protecting.

5. Tazlima

Tazlima Guest

I posted one of the depressing stories on this board, so I figure it's time I balanced it out with a good one.

A little over two weeks ago a woman brought a banged up calico kitten into the vet's office where I work. It was hit by a car and had a broken leg and severe road rash. She found it by the side of the road and picked it up.

The tail was gangrenous and had to be removed. this was further complicated by the fact that she had no skin around the tail (what hadn't been scraped off was also dead), so when it was removed there was nothing to cover the open area with. After two weeks of intensive care, she is doing wonderfully. The woman who brought her in decided to keep her, and she was released today to go to her new home. The kitten also went from being terrified and hissing every time someone walked by, to being sweet and friendly. She put up with having her wounds cleaned each day and would sit patiently in a bowl of sudsy water without complaint, even purring if you scratched her ears.

That is one extremely lucky kitten, and the woman who brought her it is officially on my "good people in the world" list.

6. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

There are a lot of sick people in this world.

There are people who have animals they don't care for and people who don't seem to realize that animals are living beings just like they are. They require doctor visits, time, effort, responsibility and LOVE...just like humans.

7. GotGlock1917

GotGlock1917 Lifetime Member

That's what happened to me. Initially, I enjoyed all the incarnations of Animal Cops type shows. Now I can't watch any of them. I get so angry about how stupid and thoughtless and careless some people are that I just want to lock them up forever. And most of them face so little in the way of punishment.

8. EagleOne716

EagleOne716 Guest

Thanks to all of you who responded.

Thanks to all who thanked me for the job I do (seems few and far between theses days.

Thanks to all those who love the innocent ones that cannot take care of themselves.

Thank you.....Thank you.....and God Bless (I know there is a reward in the afterlife..I have to believe that.

:hugs: