close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just shot my new Glock 22

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RutgersGrad, Feb 4, 2003.

1. RutgersGrad

RutgersGrad

After waiting over 2 months to get my permit and gun(the 1st I've owned), I was finally able to take my new Glock 22 to the range. I was impressed with how the gun shot, and quickly realized that 250 rnds of ammunition is not as much as it sounds. Which brings to me to my first question. What's a good place to buy cheap ammo. I got my 1st batch of ammo from Natchez which seems to have good prices. Also, what grain is best to target shooting? At the range I shot the 155, 165, and 180 grain in CCI Blazer and Federal American Eagle. I'm no expert with ammuntion and the only difference I noticed was that the 155 is louder and the CCI blazer ammo leaves tiny silver specks in the gun. By the way, this is a great site with tons of valuable information. I've been on many forums on the internet but NEVER saw any forum as active as this one.

Jeff

2. wayne5plus1

wayne5plus1 Marketing Guy

winchester white box at walmart runs roughly $9/box...its 180 gr...get plenty!

glad you got a glock...hope you love it as much as we do...

3. Mducote

Mducote

Jeff, The Win.White Box at my local Wally Worlds come in 165 FMJ and 180 JHP. Cost around $8.67 a box. I recently bought Blazers at a gun show for $5.00 a box, tax inc. Only 4 boxes though, bought them all.
    Cheaperthandirt.com has good prices. Win. 180 FMJ $8.91. Dans Sporting Goods also. Not sure if shipping is included but I don't think so.
    How about that G 22? I also have one and I love it. Very accurate and very dependable. I will soon be taking the CCW permit class and am not sure if I will carry my 22 or my Makarov. Will practice w/both.
    Wherever you get your ammo, be sure to get enough, and happy shooting. Mducote