close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just Shot a G36 I Liked it!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by PaulGuy, Apr 2, 2010.

1. PaulGuy

PaulGuy

New to the forum and my first post here.

I've been considering a G36 for CCW and went to a local range where they had one to rent. I went through a box of 50 230gr FMJ in no time and really enjoyed the gun. The gun fits my hands nicely, is very light, very concealable, and quite controllable. I ran through the box of 50 without a hick-up. I really like this gun.

However reading the internet makes this gun sound like a nightmare gun full of FTF and FTE horror stories. Worse yet, one shop I called trying to find one in stock, told me they don't stock the gun due to "unreliability issues". Wow.

So did I fall in love Glock's bastard child? I'd like to hear from current and previous owners about their experiences. I'm looking to pick one up with night sights soon. Unless you scare me off.

BTW, This would be my second Glock and I've never had problems with my G23.

Thanks, and Hi, nice to be here,

Paul

2. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

The G36 had problems in the beginning that have been since resolved. Get a new one and you will be fine. :welcome:

3. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

One of the very best concealed carry pistols in the world.
    It's very hard to top the features that this gun has to offer at the price. I have had mine for about 5 years now and it is accurate, reliable, powerful, and oh so easy to carry.

4. Brent10mm

Brent10mm

Mines on me right now....:whistling:

beats out my 19 most of the time, the true sub compact baby glocks are just too small imo. the 36 is in between the sub and comp., and a good deal thinner, very comfortable IWB.

its an impressive CC piece; light, accurate and throws a decent chunk of lead.
    you will not regret getting one, as long as your ok with 7 rounds of 45, doesn't bother me.

If you do get one, I'd try feeding it Win Ranger T's, or Fed. HST.

-fired from the G36 into water...

Rangers covering a quarter...
    [​IMG]

Fed HST
    [​IMG]

5. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

With over 20 years of duty and personal glock use, I normally have little difficulty separating internet BS that people post from their grandma's basement from real life traits. But I must confess, way back when, I was suckered by the reports of all 36's being paperweights. As is usually the case with these "rampant unreliability" reports, an isolated, statistically small number of them experienced limited issues early on. Early on, for a model that's been out almost 20 years, means you don't need to worry. I have one. Bought it for sheer novelty from a right-wing compatriot. Now, it's the only thing I carry if I'm not carrying a duty weapon.

6. DARKSHADOW

DARKSHADOW My Work Hobby CLM

Been carrying mine for almost five year's. I had only two stove pipe's within the first 200 round's, since then it's been flawless. Of course the problem most likely was me, but not anymore.
    The G36 was also my first pistol, and I thought the recoil was normal and didn't mind it what so ever. Untill I got my first 1911 I didn't realize how much that little gun kicked. Whenever I shoot the G36 and my 1911 on the same day, I always shoot the G36 first. After that, shooting the 1911 feels like butter.

If you like it, I would recomend getting one. I have never gotten bored with mine. :wavey:

7. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Both of mine are 100%.
    Would never part with them.

8. CajunGlock

CajunGlock Old And Cranky

That sums it up perfectly. Mine has been a daily carry weapon for 2 years and has never given any kind of problem. I've fed everything from hardball to hollowpoints to reloads through it with 100% reliability. Buy it, carry it, and you'll love it.

cajun.....

9. CynicX

CynicX

Keep in mind, everyone with an issue will post it and other people will start new threads about the problems while keeping the other threads alive. A lot less people get on here and talk about how problem free there gun has been for no reasons other then threads like these....

I've never had the opportunity to shoot one as its impossible to get a CCW in my state they arent very popular. However if I ever moved I have a G36 before the U-Haul was unloaded...

10. robertwh

robertwh

I love the 36 it is my favorite Glock! Happy shooting!:wavey:

11. ipscshooter

ipscshooter Mostly IDPA now

Not to be picky, but the 36 was released in '99, when I got mine. BTW, it's been 100% reliable and gets carried almost daily by me. One other note, it's stock except for Decal Grip and Pearce +0 mag base.

12. robertwh

robertwh

Here is my video review of my 36. It's had thousands of rounds fired through it and it is a very reliable pistol in my opinion. I carry it ever day and I find it quite comfortable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7GuwLm1Umg

13. OMEGA5

OMEGA5

I had one of the first ones and have one of the new ones.
    Both functioned perfectly. My brother begged me out of the first one.
    He still has it and wouldn't sell it back to me so I bought a new one
    last fall. It's my constant companion. Hell wil freeze over before I sell
    this one... :harley:
    Dano

14. das9mm26

das9mm26

The 36 is my EDC....and has been for nearly a year now......
    Until I got the 36, I had NEVER shot a .45 caliber weapon of ANY kind!!!
    Not knowing what I could expect for recoil, I anticipated the worst....
    Result: Fear UNFOUNDED!!! My 36 (for ME, anyway....) has no more felt recoil than my 21SF!! I've found the 36 to be accurate and highly reliable in its ability to "digest" whatever I "feed" it - FMJ, JHP, FN.....All work well.
    For me, the G36 is just about ideal for concealed-carry. Some will say they feel "undergunned" with the 6 round mag capacity....I've never felt the same...I always carry 2 spare mags of Speer 230 gr. GDHP, besides the one in the gun....I figure 19 rounds SHOULD dispose of most any threat I may encounter (YMMV....)..
    Enjoy that 36....and Say Safe!!:supergrin:

15. MaceEmAll

MaceEmAll

Picked mine up a just over a month ago. My first Glock and I love it.

16. PaulGuy

PaulGuy

Thanks for all the reassuring posts. Like I said I really liked this gun and will pick one up as soon as I can find one. Even Bud's is currently out of stock. I'll report back once I have it. Hopefully not too long.