GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a joke, I actually received a class action settlement check in the mail yesterday for 10 cents. This was because between 2005 and 2010, AT&T was incorrectly charging taxes on products or services.

I just realized that at current prices at the LGS closest to me, this check wouldn't even by one small pistol primer. I guess I'll deposit it. A dime is a dime after all. I can deposit it online through my banking app so it shouldn't cost more than the check is worth to do so.

·
NRA Life Member
64,856 Posts
Not a joke, I actually received a class action settlement check in the mail yesterday for 10 cents. This was because between 2005 and 2010, AT&T was incorrectly charging taxes on products or services.

I just realized that at current prices at the LGS closest to me, this check wouldn't even by one small pistol primer. I guess I'll deposit it. A dime is a dime after all. I can deposit it online through my banking app so it shouldn't cost more than the check is worth to do so.

I'll bet the lawyers in the class action pocketed tens of millions.

Reactions: Highspeedlane

·
Registered
15,032 Posts
I once received a refund check from an insurance company for a single penny....insane
Chase bank sends me a statement every year for tax purposes. Apparently there is .02 in my former 401K. I moved it to a self directed 401k. Best move I ever made.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
636 Posts

i would not cash that.

i'd keep it out of the bank.

make the lawyers wonder what ever happened to all of that 10¢

·
Descent Terminated
33,387 Posts
Got one in a credit card (screwing customers) class action settlement: 29c .... :rolleyes:

·
l'Italia s'è desta
7,461 Posts
When my dad was a young man, back in the 1920's, his mother bought a couple of "nickel a week" life insurance policies on him. After her death, he paid on them with a yearly check. Finally, they were completely paid up. But he had paid five cents too much on one of them. Some weeks after he was notified the policies were paid in full, Prudential Insurance sent him an envelope by first class mail. Inside, taped to an index card, was a nickel.

·
Essential Deplorable
743 Posts
That will put you in a higher income tax bracket :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts