Just purchase my first handgun... Glock 23 .40cal

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Chris23owner, Sep 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Chris23owner

Chris23owner

just wondering whats a good inside the pant holster to purchase, im a big dude[6'4 350] and the other one i bought is just uncomfortable.

2. WarCry

WarCry

I can't remember the brand I have off the top of my head, but I use an inside-the-waistband that's similar to the Crossbreed SuperTuck. It takes a little breaking in, but it's definitely worth it.

3. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

It might not be too easy to find an inside the waistband holster that's comfortable when you're heavy. Concealing a gun is much, much easier when you're skinny.

4. glocker56

glocker56

I've used the CrossBreed, but I always end up going back to Don Hume:

G23.jpg

5. Chris23owner

Chris23owner

kinda figured that, dont really mind it being a little uncomfortable... but the one i got is awful, its a cheap one, think i should just go ahead and spend a decent amount of money and get a good holster.

6. SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Big1 likes this.
  7. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

8. buzzardmuzik1

buzzardmuzik1

Congrats on the 23.Cook's makes a good kydex holster and White Hat makes a good hybrid holster.Both are shirt tuckable if you like.
    Good luck.It needs to be comfortable to YOU though , or you'll end up leaving that 23 at home.
    The 23 carries well for me.

9. Guilotine

Guilotine

I tried quite of a few. Recently bought a white hat but was not too comfortable with the fact that the front sights are not covered. I ordered a theis holster and will be getting it soon. Will see how theis works out.

10. JDL47

JDL47

Look at Alien Gear holsters with their money back guarantee. I sold a Sig P229 including an Alien Gear holster to a friend, a big friend at over 300#. He told me it was the most comfortable IWB holster he ever used.

11. Audiman77

Audiman77

The zorn wraith is a great holster. I love my incogs for appendix though

12. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

Congrats on the 23, they're one of my favorites. I just sent you a PM, check it out. :cheers:

13. glowrod

glowrod Fightin' Fire

Congrats on your new 23. I have custom leather holsters that are pretty hard to beat. I also have a MTAC that is very comfortable. Hopp Custom Leather is worth a look.

14. Lumber31

Lumber31

The Glock 23 is a great gun!! It was my very first ever Glock. For an IWB holster I'd recommend the Alien Gear holster!!! By far the best most comfortable IWB holster I've tried & use it for a number of my handguns. You can't beat the price or garuntee! Now all you need is to get some Underwood Ammo to carry!

Big1 and Nucflash like this.
  15. Dave123

Dave123

The G23 is a great gun!! It was my first Glock. My favorite holster for the G23 is the G-Code Incog IWB. I've worn it in the appendix position as well as the 4 o'clock position.

16. BGlock30

BGlock30

Congrats I use N8 squared so comfortable forget it's there

17. bac1023

bac1023

18. erichard

erichard

I have an Alien Gear cloak 2.0, Galco King Tuk, and the MTAC, which vary in price in that order. These are hybrid holsters which distribute the load and pressure points best without being too thick, IMHO. While the MTAC is a Cadillac hybrid holster, the Galco gets the job done and is very comfortable IMHO (and cheaper). The Galco is worth the extra money spent beyond the Alien Gear. I did end up getting clips from Comp-Tac (maker of MTAC) though. I like the C-clips or the V-clips which mate to velcro on certain gun belts (in my case, I just bought the Comp-tac belt when they had their Labor Day sale...expensive). Either of those clips are less conspicuous than regular clips. Metal clips are preferred by some, but can mar your belt or even car seat leather.

I suppose by getting clips from Comp-tac, the Galco ends up costing close to the MTAC, but I find it just perfect with that combo.

19. Current Resident

Current Resident

Congratulations you picked a great model for starters. Foxx Holsters has an interesting line up, look them up and give them a call, they may be able to make a suggestion to help you.

20. Big1

Big1

Congrats on your new G23, it's one of my favorite, I love shooting it my brother and I went to the range and I took my G23 and let him shoot it so now he want one. I carry my in a Alien Gear and a INCOG holster.