Just played the first level of Resident Evil on XBOX 360

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by RMTactical, Feb 2, 2010.

1. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

I am not sure I can keep playing this game. It's too nerve racking... Everything takes 2-4 shots to go down, there's no ammo and the zombies keep dropping in from all sides... on top of that, I don't feel like the controls are very responsive. Not sure this is my type of game.

I am sure I will try it some more... but I need a break. :faint:

2. Fiery Red XIII

Fiery Red XIII Adorkable CLM

Is it RE5? Where you can't take one step and shoot at the same time?

Red

3. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

you want someone to help you play thru it ?

4. Turbodreams

Turbodreams

I bought RE5 for xbox shortly after it came out thinking it would kick *** now that its on a console Im more comfortable playing. But the gameplay/controls were the same as I remembered the last time I played one on PS2. Sold it right after and used the money on ammo, like I should have done from the get go.

Havent played anything but COD: MW2 since that came out anyways. And dont plan on changing that.

5. shavedape

shavedape

Love scary, zombie/alien type games. "Resident Evil" is scary cool, but it's only for a certain type of person. As for the controls, I'm not up to speed on the Xbox360 as I'm a PS3 guy ;) You probably need to research the controls a little more and reset some stuff. I have to reset the controls for every game I play as the look/camera toggle is always set wrong to begin with. Read the booklet or on screen instructions and let your fingers "learn" where you need to press. After a couple chapters you should be comfortable and it will be easy as pie to switch between guns and ammo and all that fun stuff.

You can change the difficulty level, possibly, to something easier which should let you ease into it. And remember, there is a formula for each level you go thru, a method to the madness as it were. Google some walk thru's and you'll find out how to defeat the zombies that seem overwhelming now. Just don't grow to rely on "cheats" as that takes the fun out of it, but they can help you get off to a good start if you aren't enjoying it.

6. StevieJ

StevieJ

I bought a limited edition RE5 Xbox 360 after after my first one RRoD'd. The game is still sitting on my shelf unopened after probably a year.

7. BEER

BEER bad example

was that the one where you had that brain dead bimbo as a cpu partner? that's the only character i've ever wanted to shoot in the face more than the dog from duck hunt. lol

8. Puppy

Puppy

I downloaded & played the RE5 demo on my PS3, I wasn't very impressed & decided against buying the game.

Right now I'm getting into M.A.G. which is sort of a mix between the SOCOM series & Battlefield series w/256 player matches & a hard coded leadership tier that is actually pretty cool, the game takes a lot more interactive team work than your average FPS.

9. LRB2GZ

LRB2GZ

I enjoyed the old RE games. The new ones, not so much.

10. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

My buddy and I rented the original Resident Evil way back when it first came out on the Playstation.

We familiarized ourselves with the controls in the big empty room it put us in.
    --Tuuuuuurn, walk-- --Tuuuuurn, walk--
    OK, simple. Time to move on!

Enter the next room and OH CRAP, ZOMBIE! Shoot it! It's not going down! Run! RUN!!
    --Tuuuuuurn, walk-- --Tuuuuuurn, walk-- --DIE--

We had to be doing it wrong, but there was no other open path. So we tried to exit out the front door, only to have the pee scared out of us by FMV of cerebrus that the door was slammed on.

Haven't played RE since.

If you have played any but the latest RE games, you KNOW what I'm talking about.

11. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

OK, the second level was more enjoyable. :)

My brother is gonna play through it with me.

12. glockrod

glockrod NRA-Endow. Life

God, you must be alsmost as old as me. Talk about driving yourself nuts on a video game!! I havent played too many since then except for during college(which wasnt much after Duck Hunt).

RMT, is that all you can spend your free time doin'!!! J/K

Rod

13. shavedape

shavedape

I think there's a couple games with that problem, like "Silent Hill". I know if you shoot the chick you lose the game. Don't ask me how I know. :whistling:

14. Spence

Spence

You can upgrade your weapons as you go. Make them more powerful.

15. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

im only one or two level completions from having it done on the hardest level .. when your at that level, its very hard to play,

i think i might just play a bit tonight, need to finish out the gamer scores