close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just picked up my G20sf! Trigger question:

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DrtyHarry, Mar 4, 2010.

1. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Well, I finally added another Glock to the family, I now have the 17, 27, and 20. The 30 is on deck.

Anyway, I wanted to ask about the Glock 20's trigger. I find it to work MUCH better than that of my 17 and 27 (and those have LWD #3.5s). The reset is pristine and much less of a squeeze is needed. What's different with the 20?

I would have picked up the 29 as well but I arrived at the shop 20 mins late! ARGH! Next time.

DH

2. MrFuzzybunny

MrFuzzybunny Less is more!

I have a 21SF, a 30SF, and a regular 20.
    The triggers, to me, all feel good and all feel the same.
    Of everything I shoot, the 20 would have to be my favorite.

3. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Congrats on the new G20SF!

4. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Maybe it is just different because it is larger and fits your hand differently than the smaller guns.

5. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Possibly. It just feels like the trigger breaks better, closer to a 1911. I'm curious to see how it will feel with a #3.5.

DH

6. jbaker

jbaker

did you buy it new? if not mabye it allready has a 3.5 and who knows whatr else.

7. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Considering the way Glocks are made, with die stamped parts that have the edges left pretty rough, there's probably a lot of pure coincidence in how smooth or rough the trigger is going to be from one gun to the next. The bevel on the safety plungers, and how easily the plunger moves in its hole, also affects the feel of the Glock trigger. If you're one of those guys who never detail strips the slide, I'd look into doing that and make sure the plunger holes in the 17 & 27 aren't gummed up.

Perhaps your new G20 has just alerted you as to how much better all of your Glock triggers might feel if you did the 25 cent trigger job on your whole collection. Or maybe, that 3.5lb LWD connector has made the 17 & 27 feel worse than the stock connector did, and you didn't notice?

8. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

G20 is new so it has the stock connector in it. When the time comes for me to clean one of my firearms, I make sure to scrub from head to toe, including the entire trigger assembly and slide.

When I put the LWD #3.5s in my 17 and 27, I did notice an improvement, more so with the 27, very little on the 17. I thought that perhaps there might be some other differences with the SF models, as this is my first.

I'm going to change the connector and see how it feels with the #3.5, if I don't notice much or any difference, I'm going to keep it stock because I don't want to fix something that isn't broke. Thanks for the feedback guys!

DH