close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just picked up a Glock 33

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by arjohnson, Aug 9, 2003.

1. arjohnson

arjohnson

I just bought a model 33 and went straight to the range with it. I figured it should be no worse than a model 27 in the recoil department, it shocked me as it seemed to have more recoil than the 27. I shot Speer 125grn lawman which wasn't to bad, then I shot some Triton high velocity 125grn HP and some Speer Goldot 125grn HP and they were quite nasty. It will be a good CCW gun. I'm used to shooting the Glock 9mm's ( 17,19,26,34 ) and this 33 made them feel like a 22 rimfire, exagerating a little of course, but very pleased with it. Can't wait to shoot it again and get a little more comfortable with it, it is a very accurate gun that I think takes a little getting used to. ;f

2. Scott E.G.

Scott E.G.

Yeah, the G33 would not be my first choice for a range gun, but it is definately an outstanding CCW. If I'm going to shoot .357sig all day at the range, I want a full sized platform or a heavier pistol like the Sig so my hand isn't aching all night.;f

3. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

I agree with both of you guys;f
    I have a pair of G33's and love em...Great little backup or bare bones carry weapon.

My Sig 226ST.357 (all stainless frame/slide has become my favorate range/carry gun.

4. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

I have no experience with the G33, but I always thought the .357 Sig would be a real "screamer" in a longer barrel. I'm still waiting for a P/T model (like the G34 & G35) chambered in .357 Sig.

5. yoni

yoni

Couldn't wait so I put a 357 sig barrel in my model 35, I also got a 9mm barrel for it. Now what did I do with the factory 40S&W barrel again. I can't remember where it is.

I now have the softest shooting 9mm and a much better round than the 40S&W in the .357 sig.

Yoni

6. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

I thought the G35 would make a nice platform for the .357 Sig. What brand of barrel did you use (I was looking at Briley).

7. tericm

tericm

New to Glock pistols, but I picked up my G33 a few weeks back and I have been very pleased with it. So far it seems to be a great CCW gun, which is what I bought it for. Any tips or advice on the Glocks are appreciated.
    :)

8. DeadMansLife

DeadMansLife Senior Member

Shoot'em 'til ya can't stand'em. Then let a friend shoot for a while.

Almost 29k through my G31 and I have yet to have a part break. Only a few shooter induced or ammo related failures. None/zero/nada/zip failures were the guns fault.

Feed it what you like for pratice but give it the good stuff(Speer Gold Dots) for defence.

The most important thing to remember is:
    ALWAYS HOLD YOUR GLOCK ATLEAST ONCE A DAY!!!

And talk nice to it. You may have to ask it to save your live someday!

9. Rusty Jr

Rusty Jr

I picked up a G32 last February, then got a G33. The G33 is extremely accurate, at least for me I'm better with it than the G32 (which I sold). It's my primary CCW and range gun. Love it ;f

G26
    G33
    CZ-PCR
    Kahr PM9

10. yoni

yoni

I got a federal arms because it was cheap it cost me about $60.00.

I have to say it is not a pretty as some of the "name" barrels but it shoots fine.

I may replace it with a name barrel just for the fun of it.

Yoni

11. tericm

tericm

Thanks for the advice. I'm using the Gold Dots for carry and using the Speer Lawman for practice. I remember to rub it with my silicon rag once a day. ;)