close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just ordered new sights for my 23

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by sigchaser723, Aug 4, 2011.

1. sigchaser723

sigchaser723

Well I took the plunge and ordered some new sights for my glock 23. It currently wears a set of XS sights and I just cant seem to make them work for me. (I know its me and not them since others can and have shot it well). My 19 has a set of warren tactical two dot sights and my 17 a set of trijicons. so after much debate I decided to try something different. I thought about what I liked and disliked about each set. For example I love the visability the front sight on the 23 has you honestly cant miss that dot. I love the warrens but dislike how hard it is to pick up the front sight fast. The trijicons well they are the old standby but I honestly dont see a need for the rear dots anymore. So after much debate I ordered an Ameriglo I Dot Pro front sight (orange with the tritium dot) but I didnt like the huge notch of the rear they offered so I also placed an order for a 10-8 rear sight .156 notch. Not sure how they will work but I am hopeful and will post a range report after they arrive and I make the install. So whats the reasopn for this post? None really I am just excited about my purchase :whistling:

2. up1911fan

up1911fan

Sounds like a good set up to me.

3. bmylesk

bmylesk

4. Stevie

Stevie

Putting together the same set up now for my G23. Tried the 10-8 rear .140 with the same Ameriglo front. Decided I needed the .156 10-8 to give me a better sight picture.

I installed the I-Dot sight set on my G27 and like it much.

5. sigchaser723

sigchaser723

Just installed them and they look great but I haven't had time to hit the range yet. They feel very fast and I feel they will offer that accuracy I am looking for.

6. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Won't be able to hit the broadside of a barn with those!:supergrin:

Just kidding, hope they are everything you were looking for.

Ameriglo I Dot Pro front sights never scared me, but marsupials do! Because their fast!:rofl:

7. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

I got standard Trijicon yellow and greens on my G23 and I love it.... Might want to upgrade to the new Trijicons but right now Im happy