close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just ordered my smart carry

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Hydraulicman, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Hydraulicman

Hydraulicman

Just ordered my smart carry for my G26 . I can't wait to try this baby out. Thought I'd share my excitement.

2. bluelineman

bluelineman Infidel كافر

Please DO NOT post pics of you carrying it. :rofl:

As a side note, it does take some getting used to. I have to carry slightly off-center. I also prefer the grip to be behind my belt. YMMV.

3. Hydraulicman

Hydraulicman

thanks for the tip.

no pics to follow.

4. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

I am very interested in learning how you like this rig. As a holster traditionalist, it's hard for me to imagine how this getup could possibly be an improvement over a belt anchored holster unless you don't wear a belt.

5. bluelineman

bluelineman Infidel كافر

It'd made for deep cover carry. Not necessarily an "improvement" over standard belt carry.

6. HexHead

HexHead

I've had a Thunderwear one for years. Don't use it often but it works well when concealed really means concealed.

7. Hydraulicman

Hydraulicman

I'll let you fellas know. As far as i know I have to wear it low. I think it will work very well with my jeans and a G26

8. SagKC

SagKC

Another satisfied SmartCarry owner/user here, and you won't be disappointed! As someone else said, carrying low and slightly off-center would be a good start, but give it a few days and you'll find your "sweet spot" and actually forget you're carrying that G26!

Loved mine this summer thanks to the clothing flexibility it allows since it's design does not require a belt, and is very comfortable to boot. I was also surprised how little practice it took to be able to draw reasonably fast. It is a little slower draw than other IWB or OWB options, but with a little practice, it's an amazingly fast draw for a deep concealment holster.

Great product, great customer service, good price...can't go wrong!

9. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Congrats... New or used? :whistling:

Randy

10. Glock21sf-miami

Glock21sf-miami

The BEST there is for deep concealment. I wear one everyday with a G30 or an SP101.

Today is the SP101

11. Hydraulicman

Hydraulicman

i got my smart carry and I wore it to the grocery store today . It's comfortable .

I got a bit of printing from the butt of my 26 but i think that was becasuse i was also wearing my g19 on my belt.

i'd have to wear it a bit more to find out what works. I think it would be very concealable as is.

I like the construction of this thing. It seems to be very well built and fit's my gun well. I think it would work well with an untucked t-shirt just to hide the slight buldge of the butt of the pistol.

12. SagKC

SagKC

Congrats on your first trip out with the new SmartCarry. Don't worry about the minimal printing, no one will ever notice. Once you find a sweet spot that is comfortable, further tweaking may slightly reduce printing, but the T-shirt or any other cover will work just fine.
    No one will ever look down to notice even if you're not covering it up, and even my wife still has to ask me if I'm carrying when I'm using the SmartCarry.

13. TurboRocket

TurboRocket

For me, I use a SC (primarily with a J-frame) for deep concealment, for laziness when just running out to get groceries or something, or for when not wearing a belt, like athletic shorts. It's just good to have options over the traditional belt carry.

14. dorkweed

dorkweed

I like mine also, but only for very loose fitting pants........like sweats, big cargo shorts etc. With those style of bottoms, I can easily hide my G19 on my 5'11" 180lb. frame. Just got a C-TAC for jeans and other "tighter" pants. And, yes I do live here in "The Peoples Republic of Illinois" but only carry at my home or at friends home and/or businesses. I hang with very pro-gun folks, so it goes without saying!! At our GTG's, I'd be the oddball if I wasn't carrying.

15. Hydraulicman

Hydraulicman

Glad to hear y'all like yours. It's very comfortable . I thought i'd try it out with one of my smaller pistols before trying it with a big one. It will get much more use in social settings.

16. Hydraulicman

Hydraulicman

This is a great holster. If you've been wanting to try one. Do it.