Glock Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a torrent with the liner lock and assist open as well as an onslaught with axis lock. I decided i wanted an assist open with axis lock After searching around I found the barrage. I went with all black with the combo edge tanto blade.

MSRP is $155 and I payed just over $100 shipping included.

If you have one how do you like it? I plan for this to take the place of my Kershaw Leek for EDC so this thing should see plenty of use.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it in yesterday. Really love the knife so far. Only issue is I'm not really impressed with the valox handle. I had never handled valox so I didn't know what to expect. I really love the g10 scales of my other benchmades.

Oh well just an excuse to get the model with the g10.

·
Texan
3,854 Posts
I've got the exact same one as you. If you have the full sized one that is. It's been a great knife, my only complaint is that when sitting down one time, my jacket caught on the pocket clip while it was in my pocket. When I stood up, it snapped the pocket clip right off. The part that actually came off was about 1 in of the handle that the clip connects to with the clip.

I sent it in to benchmade, and they sent it back all sharpened up and repaired for free in about a month.

·
Authorized User
730 Posts
I have a Barrage and enjoy it. The handle material is smooth. I would prefer more "grip" on an assisted open knife. Also, the blade cross section doesn't fit the clamp from my Lansky shapening kit very well. Those are minor issues to me though.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Got it in yesterday. Really love the knife so far. Only issue is I'm not really impressed with the valox handle. I had never handled valox so I didn't know what to expect. I really love the g10 scales of my other benchmades.

Oh well just an excuse to get the model with the g10.
I returned my large barrage for the chintzy handles. I didn't know they had come out with a G-10 replacement. That would be interesting if the price didn't go through the roof.

Axis assist is much faster than the Nitrous. I had the Torrent too and sold it since it was anemic compared to the Barrage Axis -assist.

Kershaw make some damn hard hitters (SpeedSafe) there Zero Tolerance 0300 line are very heavy duty, overbuilt folders with a really strong torsion bar for a really fast assisted opening. :wavey:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.