close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just ordered a G17,G19 both Gen4 with night sights couple questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rescue6, Feb 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rescue6

rescue6

Well I just ordered a pair of 9mm last Thursday afternoon. I picked the G17 and G19 both with factory night sights through the blue label deal for $499 a piece. I am anxious to get them in. I am hoping that I made an ok decision after reading a few horror stories on the Gen4's but I just liked the feel of the Glocks over the M&P and hate the toyish look and feel of the XD's. I have been impressed with the quality and reliability of them in the past. So I guess only time will tell. I see that most of the reported problems were with weak ammo on a range and not with the quality loads people carry with. I needed some 9mm's to shoot and carry. I have been a .45 guy for a long time now and just needed something more economical to shoot. I believe the more I shoot the better off I will be. So I am switching platforms and calibers. Wish me luck.

Do the parts like the 3.5lb trigger bars and extended slide releases fit universaly between the gen3 and gen4? I have not seen any that state they are for one or the other. Thanks for the help

2. vis35

vis35

Yes, they do.

Don’t let the Gen4 bashers get to you, my G19 Gen4 has been flawless from day one, and that is even with letting real girly girls shoot it. :cool:

3. rescue6

rescue6

Thanks for the info I was wanting to go ahead and order those parts now so they are here when the guns arrive.

4. bac1023

bac1023

Congrats on your new purchases.

5. Radian

Radian

They do exchange connectors, however if you are buying a complete trigger kit you will need to specify the G4 frame.

Like most forums (automotive, home audio) internet sites are biased with issues. G4 guns just like yours are used by tens of thousands of federal agents, and folks deployed overseas.

6. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

7. rescue6

rescue6

Thank for all the responses everyone. I cannot wait for them to get here

8. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Going to be a long 3-4 weeks ;)

9. CATATOMIC

CATATOMIC

I've had my Gen 4 G23 for one year and three months and not one single problem.

10. Sooner79

Sooner79

What's the "blue label deal" where you got them for $499?

11. larson1122

larson1122

The Blue label deal refers to discounts offered to Law Enforcement and Military.