Just need some clarification.

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Goose5, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Goose5

Goose5

I was away for the weekend, but before my departure I participated in the latest locked global warming thread. I have bravely participated in a few of these, and I certainly thank the mods here for stopping most of the rancor within these threads. Eric seems to end these threads with, "give it a rest." Then a week or two goes by and up pops another one. My question is does give it a rest mean stop talking about this topic entirely? If so I have no problem with that. I wish to remain a member here in good standing. Thank you.

2. Eddie C.

Eddie C. CLM

When Eric or one of the Moderators say "Give it a rest" they mean for this thread, or for the time being. It doesn't mean that no one will ever talk about a subject again. Eric means that that particular interminable thread has dragged on for pages with the same arguments going back and forth and it's getting unbearable.

We say that at times so it'll avoid someone getting hot and saying something that would jeopardize their posting ability. It's a polite way of saying "Shutup!........ please.":supergrin:

Eddie;)