close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Just me or are gun prices falling?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by larry_minn, Sep 10, 2003.

1. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I have noticed more deals both here on GT as well as other sites/local area. IMO the used prices of guns seems to be going down. Either that or I am getting the bug to buy more. (just need the loose cash and I would be all set) So is this a area wide?.
    Also anyone else starting to see more pre ban mags being offered? My thought is the ban will continue in some form so they will increase (double) in value.

2. Statesman

Statesman

I haven't really noticed a reduction in the overall prices for used guns. However, I have noticed a lot of preban stuff hitting the market. Folks are seeing the handwriting on the wall, and don't want to be stuck with semiauto rifles and full capacity magazines that they spent a ton of money on. The renewal of the AWB is a political hot potato, and I don't see either side of the aisle wanting to be put in a position to have to vote for it. Most of the politicians in D.C. remember what we voters did after they enacted the AWB. It was political suicide for many of them. Most liberal politicians are saying that they will vote for it, but political consultants are advising that they need to do whatever it takes to make sure that it doesn't come up to a vote during an election year. I forsee a whole bunch of people who have been hoarding preban mags and semiauto rifles, having to take a big hit on their investments when this stupid law sunsets.

3. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

What Statesman said.

For private sales, it's been a buyers market for some time now.

4. mmojica3

mmojica3 GO CUBBIES!!!!!

5. whiskerz

whiskerz

I think it is a combination of the economy and the ban. There are some people hedgeing there bets. but mag prices especially ones that are just about a sure thing to drop in price have gone down. some surplus ones have not seen much change. ;f

6. jetix56

jetix56

Preban guns have dropped & so have the magazines. If I were going to buy a preban now may be a good time if your a good shopper. Be sure to buy one like new with the box & accessories it came with. Pistols are another issue. I'm seeing prices go up for collectable items & believe the reason is the ban is going away next year. Collectable guns will be more desireable again since preban will not be a factor. I have 4 preban Colt AR's & have no intention to sell, well unless I become unemployed?