Glock Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been considering making a Glock 32 my next Glock purchase. I see that it's about the same size as my Glock 19, my favorite EDC of all time, but admittedly, I have no experience shooting one. I check every time I go to my local range but they never have one to test out. I know the ammo is more expensive but the ballistics look good and from what I've researched on YouTube, which makes me an expert as we all know...lol, it doesn't look as snappy as I've heard, The .357 Sig looks like it's happy place is 125 grain and looks about right. So, I was just looking for info, stories, pros, cons of the .357 Sig Glock 32 as compared to a G19. Thank you in advance everyone, it's much appreciated as always.

· Registered
174 Posts
I just bought a new Glock 32 Gen4. I already had a G23 Gen 4 with a 357 barrel, and a good stash of 357 Sig HST, Speer Gold Dot, and Golden Saber bonded. I usually carry a G19 Gen4 in a AIWB holster, which also works for my Glock 32. I think the slide might be a little beefier in the G32 Gen4 compared to the Glock 19. The only real drawbacks I see are the cost of ammo and the increased muzzle blast (only a concern in a self defense situation without hearing protection). I perceive the recoil as less than the G23 with a .40 barrel. After a couple more trips to the range, I'll start carrying the new Glock 32. A lot of people like the fast Underwood Gold Dot ammo, but I'm happy with the chrono'd velocity I get from HST, Speer Gold Dot, and Remington Golden Saber. All of those would chrono between 1340 and 1360 out of the 4 inch barrel. If you check out ammoseek, you can still get Federal HST, Remington Golden Saber, and Speer Gold Dot. Whether it offers any real performance advantage over 9mm, I can't say. But it seems like the 357 Sig has done well in the police agencies that use it, even if some of them are migrating to 9mm.

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought a new Glock 32 Gen4. I already had a G23 Gen 4 with a 357 barrel, and a good stash of 357 Sig HST, Speer Gold Dot, and Golden Saber bonded. I usually carry a G19 Gen4 in a AIWB holster, which also works for my Glock 32. I think the slide might be a little beefier in the G32 Gen4 compared to the Glock 19. The only real drawbacks I see are the cost of ammo and the increased muzzle blast (only a concern in a self defense situation without hearing protection). I perceive the recoil as less than the G23 with a .40 barrel. After a couple more trips to the range, I'll start carrying the new Glock 32. A lot of people like the fast Underwood Gold Dot ammo, but I'm happy with the chrono'd velocity I get from HST, Speer Gold Dot, and Remington Golden Saber. All of those would chrono between 1340 and 1360 out of the 4 inch barrel. If you check out ammoseek, you can still get Federal HST, Remington Golden Saber, and Speer Gold Dot. Whether it offers any real performance advantage over 9mm, I can't say. But it seems like the 357 Sig has done well in the police agencies that use it, even if some of them are migrating to 9mm.
Thank you for all the good info. So you think the G23 .40 cal has more recoil than the G32? That's interesting and peaks my interest even more, always thought the G23 was just a little too snappy to carry, but I do have a Gen 3 G22 that is a complete tank and a joy to shoot, it handles the recoil like a champ. The ballistics of the .357 Sig look really good as far as knock down power and creating one helluva wound cavity. I'm surprised they're not as popular as the other calibers. I've been curious if Glock might release a Gen 5 MOS version of the G32 which would definitely tip it over in favor of buying, but I'm not sure if they will at this point. Thank you again for the info, much appreciated.

· Registered
174 Posts
Yes, IMO the G23 has more recoil than the G32. The only thing I've done to my new G32 is install Ameriglo Agent sights. The trigger feels pretty good as is, so I'll leave that alone. If you get one, I would also purchase a decent supply of HST, Gold Dot, or Golden Saber in 50rd boxes while they're still available. The Law Enforcement only boxes have been in short supply lately.

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, IMO the G23 has more recoil than the G32. The only thing I've done to my new G32 is install Ameriglo Agent sights. The trigger feels pretty good as is, so I'll leave that alone. If you get one, I would also purchase a decent supply of HST, Gold Dot, or Golden Saber in 50rd boxes while they're still available. The Law Enforcement only boxes have been in short supply lately.
Good advice, I may wait to see if Glock decides to put out a Gen 5 version but if I come across a good deal on a Gen 4 32, I'll probably go ahead and pick it up, it seems like a solid concealed carry weapon.

· Premium Member
4,154 Posts
Having owned and carried a 31, 32, and and 33, both on and off duty, my opinion is they are fine pistols that won’t do anything the equivalent sized Glock in 9mm or 40 won’t do.

Really, they’re very good guns. Their primary drawback is logistical in nature. I also see no advantage to them over another Glock of the same size in 9mm or 40. They’ll all do the same jobs at the same level.

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having owned and carried a 31, 32, and and 33, both on and off duty, my opinion is they are fine pistols that won’t do anything the equivalent sized Glock in 9mm or 40 won’t do.

Really, they’re very good guns. Their primary drawback is logistical in nature. I also see no advantage to them over another Glock of the same size in 9mm or 40. They’ll all do the same jobs at the same level.
Thank you for your time and info. I figure since I carry a G19 as my every day carry, a G32 would fit the bill pretty well without having to get used to a different sized handgun. Mainly, I've just always thought the ballistics of the .357 Sig were pretty good. I've heard not to expect the knock down power of a .357 Magnum but I would very much like to shoot a G32. I'm hoping eventually my local firing range will get one in so I can try it out.

· Premium Member
4,154 Posts
Thank you for your time and info. I figure since I carry a G19 as my every day carry, a G32 would fit the bill pretty well without having to get used to a different sized handgun. Mainly, I've just always thought the ballistics of the .357 Sig were pretty good. I've heard not to expect the knock down power of a .357 Magnum but I would very much like to shoot a G32. I'm hoping eventually my local firing range will get one in so I can try it out.
If you currently carry a 19 a 32 will be absolutely no problem. It recoils a little more, but it’s completely manageable. Very similar to a 23 in that regard. Pretty fine hair to split at any rate, especially if you shoot +p out of your 19.

Yep, 357 Sig will push that 9mm pill a little faster. It’s up to each of us individually to decide if that’s worth anything in the end. For me it isn’t, but that’s just me. It’s certainly as good of a cartridge as any of the other service calibers.

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you currently carry a 19 a 32 will be absolutely no problem. It recoils a little more, but it’s completely manageable. Very similar to a 23 in that regard. Pretty fine hair to split at any rate, especially if you shoot +p out of your 19.

Yep, 357 Sig will push that 9mm pill a little faster. It’s up to each of us individually to decide if that’s worth anything in the end. For me it isn’t, but that’s just me. It’s certainly as good of a cartridge as any of the other service calibers.
That's kind of why I want a G32, I've never shot a .357 Sig at all, so I'd really like to get the feel of one. It would have to be very special for me to replace my G19 as my every day carry, but it sure does look like it hits pretty hard and fast.

· Registered
939 Posts
Been considering making a Glock 32 my next Glock purchase. I see that it's about the same size as my Glock 19, my favorite EDC of all time, but admittedly, I have no experience shooting one. I check every time I go to my local range but they never have one to test out. I know the ammo is more expensive but the ballistics look good and from what I've researched on YouTube, which makes me an expert as we all know...lol, it doesn't look as snappy as I've heard, The .357 Sig looks like it's happy place is 125 grain and looks about right. So, I was just looking for info, stories, pros, cons of the .357 Sig Glock 32 as compared to a G19. Thank you in advance everyone, it's much appreciated as always.
I actually took the same plunge recently. With the G19 being my carry gun and main training platform for years, I liked the idea of zero learning curve to the gun feel, handling and concealment with some potential benefits to barrier penetration and faster traveling bullet for benefits at longer distances. I have seen 357sig outperform the other common 3 calibers in vehicle ballistics and have improved my longer range ability so was looking at potential improved ballistics and accuracy at distance. This was in the spring too before the mall shooter got everyone pushing past the 3 yard line. :ROFLMAO:

I went into this project understanding that this move had a high potential for becoming nothing more than expensive experiment I would look back on and shake my head. I have been comfortable carrying a 9mm and still am. But I was looking to explore options and some of the posts here got me wondering. My testing is still in progress but I am liking it so far, aside from ammo cost.

What I know so far:

The G32 is the same external dimensions as the G19 in every way. I'm one with the gun like the 19 immediately. Holster compatibility, etc is perfect.

The G32 recoil isn't bad at all and is actually quite fun to shoot, uncomped. I would say it's about on par with my 40cal g23, maybe a touch more and definitely more than my g41 45. Possibly the funnest pistol caliber I own to shoot actually, but I can't say why exactly that is over the 40 or 45. Maybe it's the shockwave my neighboring shooter buddy tells me about. :LOL: It's a "blast" to shoot and feels like a gun should feel, and definitely makes the 9mm feel like a pea shooter though when I go back to it.

But aimed follow up shots under recoil are slower too. That's just physics. Since I already carry with a KKM comp I started to wonder how much that would reduce times on the 357sig vs 9mm in comparison. In very limited and unscientific testing so far with only my freehand sample size of one, a timer shows I'm consistently slower as expected. Underwood 125gr Gold Dots vs Speer 124+p Gold Dots. I have shot a couple hundred in testing so far but this pic is a decent sample of what I have produced so far.
Wood Font Handwriting Flooring Circle

Is it slow enough to be a real negative though when considering the 9mm will potentially outshoot my brain's ability to respond to input if I'm just throwing rounds as fast as I can get on target? Well that was really my big question and only real potential negative that I'm trying to weigh about the caliber. My thought is as long as I can do .27-.31 aimed splits then I'm not gaining anything by being able to go faster. I get that figure from Reston's info here on reaction times and decision making. I got a lot out of this video and it was the lightbulb that got me thinking about trading shot speed for a round with other improvements, no matter how small.

Side note. Initially I thought my single handed aimed fire would be a lot slower with the G32 and would be the biggest hurdle to justify, since my one hand shooting has become a skill I see as vital and have been working on faster on-hand shooting lately. But in testing I see no difference so far there. Under a timer my problem is actually with managing recoil and getting the red dot sight back in line efficiently, so both calibers are up equally in the .6-.7s range in "fast" one hand aimed fire. Irons are faster in this regard for sure. So I need to improve my single hand rapid fire shooting ability before I will be able to see the effect of the caliber change with a dot.

I have not been out to the long range club yet with it but I do seem to have gotten a lot of nice X groupings at 25y although I haven't actually shot a 100 with it yet either. But that's on me being bad. I suspect it will end up being more accurate at 50y and beyond, but I haven't shot it there yet to say for certain.

That's all I've got so far. Good luck on your decision.

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun

· Señor Mombo
2,913 Posts
357 sig is great for getting other people at the range to leave. It is among the loudest pistols in existence.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts