close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just loaded my new .40 31 rnd. Mags.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Cutnmuffinz, Dec 31, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Cutnmuffinz

Cutnmuffinz

And my thumbs are f'ing numb! Even with the loading tool I only managed to get 29 in Which is the count on the back. I suppose since there is a +2 extension on the bottom, they say it's 31. Looks and feels just like a genuine glock mag but how they perform on the range remains to be seen. My G27 with a lone wolf 2-port extended barrel, tru-glo night sights, and a punisher skull slide plate with one of my new mags sticking out the bottom looks pretty mean! I'll post another thread when I know how they hold up on the range.

2. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

Who makes them, with jamfest- Scherers excluded, of course...?

3. Cutnmuffinz

Cutnmuffinz

Botachtactical.com, they're made in Korea. Only 15 bucks each!!!

4. mymini40

mymini40

Have you fired them yet?

5. cjthafirst

cjthafirst

I would like to know how they work as well.... Please keep us updated. They have 33rd 9mm mags for $15 as well. Might be time for more Christmas gifts!!

6. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKAHOLIC*

My Buddy bought four of the Korean 31rd 40 cal magazines& had a hell of a time loading them up & has left them loaded untill the next range setion that'll be some time "NEXT YEAR"
    There was another thread about a week ago..
    Nowdays the Factory G18 9mm magazines run around $40ea..
    Here's the thread about the Korean Magazines
    Post your experiences with Korean 31 round .40 caliber Glock mags.
    Some say there great others say there Junk..

7. seaswol

seaswol NRA Life Member

This morning OMB had G18's for $29.99. It also looks like they are cutting way back on their supply of Glock OEM parts.
    Chris

8. Cutnmuffinz

Cutnmuffinz

I don't plan on going to the range any time soon. I'm from Maine and it's damn cold here right now... Once I think I've broken in the spring, I'll charge all the rounds through my slide to see if they're feeding correctly. If someone beats me to shooting with them, feel free to chime in!

9. KK40384

KK40384

I have no personal experience with the .40 mags but I can tell you the 9mm are great. I have heard nothing but bad things about the .40's though. FTF after FTF

10. raven11

raven11

11. FEDLEO

FEDLEO I'm the rootenist tootenist shootenist

+1 for the Uplula

12. Teufelhunde

Teufelhunde

+2 for the Uplula, will load that 31 rounder in about 30 seconds and your thumbs will thank you:supergrin:

13. skip a stone

skip a stone

Every one of my three $15.00 .40S&W mags were worthless and a waste of my money. After loading one of them, I started pushing my rounds out with my thumb and after the first round came out none followed. Noticed that the follower wasn't moving up. I would give the mag a firm slap to assist it up and after the third slap it went up then just about every other round did this coming out. All mags did the same thing so I got to work trying to solve the problem. I did everything imaginable to make those damn things work...NOTHING worked.

Got Wolff extrapower springs for em, changed the +2 mag extensions out for Glock factory, debured all the extra flashing of plastic I could inside the tube, sanded the followers down on the sides, then waved them under a flame to reslick the finish on them smooth, ended up changing the followers out completely to .40 Glock originals, then to 357 Sig Glock originals, and lubed them up with graphite so they would remain dry inside, and still nothing. Out of desperation I gave one of them a spraying inside with WD-40...Nadda! I wanted them for my G35/357 Sig and my G33 so maybe the 357 Sig rounds of all types I used from FMJ's to all manner of JHP's were causing a bind up some how because of their bottle neck design, but since I don't have any .40 anymore that's the one thing I might have missed.

Some people have said that they have run flawlessly, but I'm real skeptical after all the "fun" I've had trying to find a single reliable 30/31 mag for the Glock family of firearms. So far I have had nothing that I would depend on to end a threat or save my life. Not one company has produced a 30/31 mag that is really dependable and popular with the majority of Glock shooters. This is really, really sad considering there is a definent demand for them.

I guess my next test will be of the K.R.I.S.S. Super V sub/carbine when they offer it and mag extensions for the .40 S&W in January. Not holding my breath though considering people have already have had plenty of issues with the +17 round extrnsions for the G21/30. Oh well what are the odds of Magpul, a truly great design firm of making one quality 30 rounder for the .40/357 Sig Glock models before I die?

14. mark68

mark68

Bought two Korean mags. The 9 mm loads good and chambers with no problem, but the 40 will not fit into the mag well. The width is almost a 1/16 to wide.

15. legion3

legion3

For every one report or review (aftermarket) 40 cal (G18 style) mag that works there are at least 6 reviews of those that don't work worth a darn.

What a boon if Glock made a factory 29 for the 40 cal instead of leaving it to others.

16. TriggerHappy007

TriggerHappy007

All the non-OEM Glock mags are complete crap.....period.

17. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

You know, I thought guys that bought those things were wussies.., after watching the video, I'm intrigued, even though I don't have much use for one...

IGF

18. skip a stone

skip a stone

Exactly! The thing that ticks me off is although those mags might not have worked because they were meant for .40 instead of 357 Sig, I have never had a problem with a Glock original feeding my 357 Sig. I can even get an extra round in most of the time, and it still works 100% of the time.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasssssssssseeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! Magpul or Glock make a decent 30/31round mag for the .40/357 Sig round...okay now I'm just coming off like I'm begging, but man really how hard is it to crank out quality products?

19. mr smithglock

mr smithglock