Just got to meet Ben Stein. It was awesome.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mgeh, Feb 15, 2010.

1. mgeh

mgeh

Tonight me and a couple of buddies went to Palm Springs to see "The Wolfman". While standing in line to get snacks a guy taps me and asks if Im a Marine. I respond yes and think it is just another person giving thanks.

Looking at his face I kept thinking that I must know him from somewhere and he introduces himself as Ben Stein and my face goes into the "Oh s**t" mode. I tell him thanks and shake his hand and he goes to give thanks to my buddies as well. This guy was really friendly, we wanted to ask for him to do the "Buehler" but we then thought that he would probaly hate us.

I never really thought much of him but now I am a fan. Ive been in southern California for two and half years and the only other celebrity Ive seen is Fabio from a distance.

That made my Sunday. That is all.

2. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Where was Shack?

3. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

For a US Marine, Mr. Stein would have gladly done "Beuler"(sp?)

4. 23skidoo

23skidoo Deceased

I still think "Win Ben Stein's Money" was a great game show and would have gone on longer if Jimmy Kimmel had stayed on. It's nice the hear he's a great guy in private too.

5. hyJOEstatic SHOCK

hyJOEstatic SHOCK

This comes as no surprise. I've thought for some time after seeing some of his works & interviews that he's gotta be pretty cool.

Just streamed a movie off NetFlix he wrote & stared in called Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. Way cool movie about intelligent design in modern culture & academia.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1091617/

Joe

6. JMS

JMS 02

There are some cool celebrities out there. My friends in SoCal were riding their mopeds, when one broke down. All of a sudden, Jay Leno stops by on his Jet Bike and asks if they need any help.

7. Dandapani

Dandapani

I met Ben Stein at a professional, tech oriented convention. The organizers had him run a segment of his Win Ben Stein's Money. The show was pretty funny. Afterwards, he handed out autographs on the "question cards". I had him make one out to my wife who was home. He asked my name, made small talk and was genuinely friendly. Very approachable.