Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Skeet Skeet!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was dry firing my G19 (after checking it of course) and right as I pulled the trigger the battery in my smoke alarm blew up. I just about pooped my self! :alex: It was loud enough to make my ears ring a little. It could not have been better (or worse) timing.

It took me a while to figure out what it was that blew up, but when a smaller pop went off I knew it was from the ceiling.

What are the odds of that happening? :wow:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Admit it, you had an ND and shot your smoke alarm, didn't you? :)

·
Viva Hate
22,367 Posts
Were you aiming at the smoke alarm while you were "dry firing"?

·
Viva Hate
22,367 Posts
Jinx... 12345678910

·
Out Of Order
16,840 Posts
I was dry firing my G19 (after checking it of course) and right as I pulled the trigger the battery in my smoke alarm blew up. I just about pooped my self! :alex: It was loud enough to make my ears ring a little. It could not have been better (or worse) timing.

It took me a while to figure out what it was that blew up, but when a smaller pop went off I knew it was from the ceiling.

What are the odds of that happening?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Cajunator®
38,164 Posts
Happens to me all the time.

Not with guns and smoke alarms, but often while I'm turning a screw on one end of a control house, someone will turn something on or off, and it will make me think I caused that contactor to make or break. Some of those contactors can be loud when they open and close.

·
Registered
866 Posts
that's strange....I never heard of a battery in a smoke alarm "blowing up"...just by chance were you pointing th gun at it?:whistling: and by coincidence was there a bit of flame out the barrel when you "dry fired" the gun?:whistling: And by chance was there any fresh GSR on the gun?:whistling:

just askin'....:rofl:

·
Skeet Skeet!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha. No, I did not shoot the smoke alarm! I will post pics of the battery when I get my camera back. The end of the 9v is blown out and was very hot, but no bullet holes! :rofl:

·
Cajunator®
38,164 Posts
haha. No, I did not shoot the smoke alarm! I will post pics of the battery when I get my camera back. The end of the 9v is blown out and was very hot, but no bullet holes! :rofl:
That would be the ultimate irony, if a smoke detector started a fire in your home. Good thing it wasn't Lithium-ion. :shocked:

·
Viva Hate
22,367 Posts
That would be the ultimate irony, if a smoke detector started a fire in your home. Good thing it wasn't Lithium-ion. :shocked:
Uggh... they're all bad. I knew some techs that shorted and blew a huge Lead-acid battery designed to power a full size ventilator... messy.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I can't remember who - but one of the GT'ers has a sig line that says something like *the loudest noise you'll ever hear is the "click" when the gun is supposed to go "bang" and the "bang" when the gun is supposed to go "click"*

Reminds me of that.

·
Señor Member
7,908 Posts
When I was in high school, the teacher of the electronics class would start off the year by describing the projects they would be doing in class. When he got to the part where he explains that they "won't be making countdown circuits because they could be used in a bomb" BAM! fire drill - alarms go off throughout the school. The school scheduled the fire drill for 1st period, 15 minutes into class, first day of the year.

After 3 years of this, he changed up his introduction speech

·
Cajunator®
38,164 Posts
When I was in high school, the teacher of the electronics class would start off the year by describing the projects they would be doing in class. When he got to the part where he explains that they "won't be making countdown circuits because they could be used in a bomb" BAM! fire drill - alarms go off throughout the school. The school scheduled the fire drill for 1st period, 15 minutes into class, first day of the year.

After 3 years of this, he changed up his introduction speech
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts