close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

just got my g26 anyone have any initial advice

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by joedodge, Mar 30, 2010.

1. joedodge

joedodge

hello all just picked up my new g26 today did the initial tear down and cleaning. headin to the range tomm to run 50 rounds of federal champion 115, 50 rounds of lellier & bellot 115, 25 rounds of 147 gold dot hp, and lastly 25 rounds of 124 +p remington golden saber. for the initial break in. if anyone has any advice on accesories break in or general shooting it would be awsome this also will be my primary edc so and holster or carrying advice would be great thanks so much go easy on the newbie lol.

2. pilot5131

pilot5131

3. drew4691

drew4691

4. joedodge

joedodge

thanks for the replys and the link yes i shoot twice a month its me and my dads outings together usualy 50 to 100 rounds. im excited this is the first glock ive owned and all in all im very impressed.

5. cmcinc

cmcinc

Shoot and enjoy. Be safe.

6. joedodge

joedodge

thanks alot i realy hope it will be a good shooter i previously had a keltec pf9 and couldnt stand it evern for just a carry gun training with it was a nightmare

7. JVO

JVO

Great choice and safe shooting :woohoo:

I love my 26

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  8. brisk21

brisk21

Unless you have a tiny waist and a v-shaped torso, Id stay away from the inside waistband holster unless your gonna wear a sweatshirt or coat. It doesnt really work for me without that because the damn gun is so fat. Im not fat, just my waist is parallel with my ribcage and the iwb makes it stick out a bit.

9. joedodge

joedodge

im 5' 6" and 150 pounds with a 34 inch waist so im a small framed guy it is a lil bulky but what would you recomend for a good holstering method

10. MonsterB

MonsterB

Im 5'9" and 185lbs and also a 34 k waist...mostly I use a Tagua leather owb holster, as I find iwb to be fairly uncomfortable, but I am planning on trying a Galco summer comfort iwb next...I wear alot of loose shirts so the tagua works for m....honestly holsters are very much personal preference, takes some trial and error to find what you like...good choice on the g26!

11. Markasaurus

Markasaurus

You may want the pearce grip. It cost me $10. It makes the gun grip very nicely and a place for you pinky. Also looks pretty cool.

http://www.pearcegrip.com/glock26XL.htm

I put one on one magazine and left the other mag stock (i only have the two, and the stock mag makes the gun smaller.)

If you get one of these remember when you take the mag apart, Glock mags are different, you have to squeeze in the middle when you try to get the floorplate off - there are tabs in the sides to hold the floorplate on.

12. tango44

tango44

The only thing that you need will be Meprolight night sights, G19 mag as back up and Don Hume IWB holster, a lot of ammo.

13. TriggerHappy007

TriggerHappy007

Congrats on the purchase and welcome aboard.

A must have for any Glock 9mm are the 33 round magazines. Really fun to shoot at the range.

14. skyugo

skyugo

night sights?
    i carry mine at 2 o clock in a mr. softy holster (cheap, but pretty good little holster) or a smart carry.

15. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

Learn to shoot the gun without extensions. Go watch the Hickok45 video. Order a Brommeland Max Con V for G26 holster bliss. This combo will make for a permanent EDC.

16. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

GAP plates for concealed carry! I carry IWB & wouldn't have it any other way.

17. JerryVO

JerryVO

+1 on the GAP... turns the 26/27 into a completely different gun in a good way.

18. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

I've never actually heard someone say that they used them & didn't like them...

19. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

find out by range time which ammo your new G26 likes best & stick w/it. This will help settle the 'terminal ballistics wars' before they even begin.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  20. glockguerilla

glockguerilla

+1 on GunFighter45ACP advice. Shoot often with good basic marksmanship skills. Get training if needed. I love my 26 and in the hands of well trained double-tap shooter using SD ammo very useful tool. I like mine stock with night sights.